Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Senior Coordinator, Health Reports - Contract ending October 17, 2014
||The Senior Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination and administration of operational and logistical activities: drafting, developing and monitoring project plans and charters for various analytical products; coordinating the publication and distribution of information and products; preparing status reports and updates for corporate reporting purposes; collaborating and liaising with internal and external stakeholders; and ensuring all aspects of product development adhere to corporate policies and processes.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and monitors program/project plans and deliverables, this includes developing Gantt Charts, project plans/charters, and communication/ dissemination plans, establishing timelines and milestones, identifying resource requirements and potential risks, and regular progress monitoring. Provides status updates to management and central project management office to ensure timelines and deliverables are on track.
- Coordinates all operational and logistical aspects of project development, including, but not limited to, organizing and/or facilitating meetings, drafting and developing pertinent documentation, and obtaining required approvals.
- Conducts literature reviews and drafts summaries for policy relevant analytical studies, ad hoc reports, articles for publication etc. Coordinates quality assurance activities (fact-checking and data validation) by providing training and ensuring established processes are followed.
- Coordinates the publication, translation, distribution, and communication processes for all published materials, ensuring overall quality assurance.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and works in collaboration with a variety of internal stakeholders, including program areas within and external to the branch, corporate support departments, and external committees, working groups and content experts.
- Identifies process gaps, provides recommendations for process improvement, and develops and implements changes to departmental process documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, processes, procedures, tools, techniques).
- Provides guidance and direction to the team as it relates to timelines and deliverables; mentors junior staff as required.
- Performs additional duties as required.
|Knowledge & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in health information, health policy, health administration, or equivalent education/experience. PMP designation is an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in project management, particularly in the preparation of analytical reports in health care.
- Excellent organizational, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to comprehend quantitative analytical documents and communicate findings accordingly. Experience in data visualization and developing infographics an asset.
- Demonstrated conceptual knowledge of: -health and its broad determinants; -health policy; -measurement of health status and; -the Canadian health care system.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple project and priorities at once, and to reprioritize work in response to changing needs.
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite