Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Web and Social Media Communications Lead
||The Web and Social Media Communications Lead creates, edits publishes and reviews content on the main pages of the CIHI web and intranet sites. Working cross-functionally, the web communications leads uses research and trends analysis to develop new content, the online outreach strategy, the social media strategy and to make recommendations for improvements to navigation, information management, communications and usability of external and internal web sites and social media programs. The Lead offers advice to internal clients on best communication practices in web-based material from both content and design perspectives.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises, coordinates and monitors work, workload and performance of staff as it relates to their responsibilities and assignments. Coaches staff to develop skills, knowledge and expertise. Conducts annual performance management reviews.
- Develops and leads the content and presentation of the external website, providing web communications advice for internal stakeholders on posting communications products on the web site.
- Leads the development of web content including writing, editing, seeking approvals and publishing to the main pages of the website and provides support and input to the intranet site.
- Leads the development and implementation of the social media strategy including policies and processes.
- Leads the development and production of CIHI’s electronic newsletters.
- Works in collaboration with the Manager, Communications and the other team leads to develop an editorial calendar for the external web site and works with the web team to plan delivery. Works in collaboration with members of the web team to develop of quarterly and annual web statistics and analysis.
- Ensures that content is appropriate to its intended audiences and reflects the organization’s vision and mandate. Represents the voice of the user through the work.
- Enforces and maintains editorial style guidelines following web writing best practices, CIHI web writing standards and CIHI branding and publishing guidelines;
- Working with various groups, defines and implements the web site’s top four levels editorial content and flow; Collaborates with various groups to develop new content and areas of the website.
- Writes, reviews and edits content for external web sites for readability and flow of text, structure and sequencing, consistency of style and works closely with other members of the communications and web teams for the intranet site.
- Develops and implements a web content maintenance plan to ensure currency.
- Uses the statistics and trends to develop online outreach strategies and recommendations and uses social media and other external tools to maximize website traffic.
- Adapts prints-based communications materials for web-based/digital suitability.
|Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, On-Line Marketing, or a related discipline is required;
- Five to seven years in a professional Marketing, Communications, Web, or Public Relations environment, including experience in editing and writing in a professional capacity and Internet marketing experience;
- Experience in supervising staff.
- Experience in writing and delivering policies/guidelines and presentations.
- Experience in providing client service and advice to internal clients.
- Knowledge of Internet and Intranet best practices and emerging trends in the production of electronic communications vehicles.
- Knowledge of effective web writing styles, grammar and best practices.
- Must demonstrate experience identifying and implementing opportunities for improved website navigation, information management and usability of external and internal web sites
- Social media optimization (SMO), a proven track record in improving site traffic and experience with creating social media marketing campaigns;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and experience writing for the web and developing interactive content;
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills;
- Expert level attention to detail;
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with content management systems and databases preferred;
- Fluency in Microsoft Windows-based desktop applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to meet minimal travel requirements.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite