Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Senior Business Systems Analyst
||The Senior Business Systems Analyst will work with CIHI’s internal business stakeholders and Information Technology and Services (ITS) teams to perform a full range of business and system analysis, prepare logical data mapping, participate in Quality Assurance (QA) planning and testing, and help to streamline existing processes to improve efficiency. The Senior Business Systems Analyst utilizes system development life cycle principles concepts and techniques to identify and analyze business processes, data and software requirements (functional and non-functional) and documents detailed specifications using CIHI’s standardized development methodology and artifacts. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will take a leadership role as required, in working with and liaising with business partners, other Technology Solution organizations and external vendors to define the business and technical requirements at the program level.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains contact with key business counterparts within CIHI’s Program Area(s) for assigned projects/programs to fully understand business requirements and processes as well as ensure awareness and knowledge of corporate and business area direction.
- Interfaces between ITS resources and Program Area(s) to obtain and capture detailed business, system and service level requirements, including current and future needs.
- Assists in the integration of technical solutions with the business environment, recognizing systems design and data interdependencies and reusability.
- Assists in the development of conversion and implementation strategies. Conducts pre and post implementation reviews.
- Prepares specifications for CIHI vendor clients including detailed logic and flow diagrams. Supports the creation of test data for the implementation of vendor test systems as necessary.
- Works with Program Area stakeholders and ITS resources to ensure client needs are met through the delivery of annual product and system enhancements.
- Participates in the development of test strategy, test plans and test cases in collaboration with the Business Area.
- Will be required to lead a multi-disciplinary team working within project management guidelines including planning, project status and change request reporting, budgeting, risk and issue management, and resource management.
- Develops and demonstrates a thorough understanding and knowledge of CIHI’s policies that form the basis to existing business processes, systems development standards and methodologies, tools and techniques, best practices and underlying quality assurance principles and processes as well as ITS policies.
|Knowledge & Experience
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline. Business Systems Analysis Certification or equivalent is an asset.
- Minimum five years of progressive broad-based IT/business systems analysis experience in complex, multi-user information system implementations and proven working experience in the development of business/system requirements, business and process modelling as well as business process improvement initiatives associated with custom developed or packaged solutions. Business and process reengineering experience, and understanding of the relationships between business processes and organization policies.
- Strong understanding of user and business requirements in factual and conceptual terms and the ability to translate these into information systems specifications.
- Solid understanding of recent Java, Oracle and SAS technologies and development tools.
- Solid understanding of current web-based technologies as well as modern Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence technologies. Experience with ETL processes, Ab Initio and Microstrategy and with source control systems such as CVS is an asset.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, including MS Project.
- Experience with requirements management and flowcharting software such as Blueprint Requirements Centre and Enterprise Architect is a definite asset.
- Understanding of the QA methodologies, working knowledge of formal systems development life cycle methodologies and training in Unified Modelling Language (UML).
- Sound technical and business writing skills and experience with documentation deliverables pertaining detailed requirements (including but not limited to process flow, activity diagrams, use cases, data models, test documentation and training material).
- Effective interpersonal, presentation, verbal and writing communication skills including the ability to listen attentively and communicate complex ideas in simple terminology without the use of jargon. Facilitation training and/or experience are a definite asset.
- Ability to fulfil minimum travel requirements.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite