Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Analyst, Health Human Resources (B)
***This is a contract role ending April 30, 2015***
The Analyst, Health Human Resources is part of a dynamic team responsible for the collection and dissemination of health workforce information to support research and decision-making. The Analyst supports data collection and dissemination activities, working closely with data providers to ensure good quality data in a timely manner. Other regular activities include supporting the development of promotional material and conference presentations, the completion of ad hoc data requests, and supporting special analytic studies.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the collection, data quality review and analysis of health workforce data. Liaises with data providers to communicate issues and receive data re-submissions.
- Conducts basic data analyses to support HHR reports, promotional material and special studies. Assists the fact-checking of analyses completed by other team members.
- Supports the review, revision and testing of system specifications. Supports ITS in the identification, documentation and/or testing of system change requests.
- Contributes to the development of data quality documentation for both internal and external audiences. Liaises with CIHI’s data quality department as necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge about quantitative and qualitative analytical research techniques related to health workforce and health services research.
- Respects privacy and confidentiality of information by adhering to policies in Privacy and Confidentiality of Health Information at CIHI and related procedures and directives.
- Assumes responsibility for other related duties as assigned by the Program Lead or Manager.
|Knowledge & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in epidemiology, health sciences, social sciences or similar field or equivalent education/experience.
- 1 – 3 years experience in data collection, data quality, analysis, report development and/or dissemination of research.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods and the ability to analyze and synthesize health information.
- Introductory knowledge of SAS or similar statistical software is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Understanding of health workforce issues and the Canadian health care system.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong communication skills and experience working with external stakeholders.
- The ability to communicate in both official languages is preferred.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite