Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Administrative Assistant, Human Resources – contract ending March 2014
||Provides administrative support to the members of the Human Resources team in Ottawa and provides back-up support to the Administrative Assistant, Human Resources (Toronto) and the Bilingual Receptionist. Assumes other related duties as required.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to members of the Human Resources team. Receives, prepares and processes general correspondence, including offer packages, employment contracts, and orientation packages.
- Organizes conference calls, in-house and external meetings. May include reserving facilities, arranging for catering, ensuring availability of appropriate audio-visual equipment, and assisting with room set-up for in-house sessions.
- Co-ordinates budgets, prepares cheque requisitions, travel expense claims and other forms as required. Makes travel arrangements and maintains human resources budget information.
- Performs all receptionist duties on a regular basis by acting as the second back-up to the Bilingual Receptionist. Replaces the Bilingual Receptionist and performs the full duties of the position in the absence of the primary back-up or the incumbent. Provides clerical, word processing and data entry services.
- Organizes and maintains the filing systems within the HR Department. Provides accurate and timely processing of employee information into the HRIS and related systems such as CRM, etc. ensuring that all changes and additions are completed.
- Responds to general inquiries and refers complex questions to the HR Generalist or Team Lead, Human Resources.
- Generates the monthly organizational chart.
- Assists with special HR initiatives as required and performs other related duties.
- Replaces other Administrative Assistants within the Branch and HR Team in Toronto, as required.
|Knowledge & Experience
- College Diploma in General Business or Human Resources or equivalent experience.
- Two (2) years related administrative experience, preferably in a human resources environment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent telephone skills and the ability to provide professional client support.
- Able to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent organization and accuracy skills required.
- Bilingual (English/French) is required.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite