Please apply online. Resumes must be in MS-Word '.doc' or plain text .'txt' format.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Under the direction of the Manager, Architecture and Standards, the Application Architect serves as a key technical resource for the strategic direction of the corporate web application architecture in addition to participating in the analysis, design, development, testing and documentation of development projects. Additionally, the Application Architect provides expert guidance to development teams, by leveraging the reference architecture, in the design of new applications that are aligned across business process, data, security and technology architectures. This is achieved by understanding and communicating set procedures, methodologies and guidelines as defined by the Architecture and Standards department.
|Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direction for the overall architecture of CIHI’s web applications and supporting technologies including web content management, information access, and health information applications.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of J2EE architecture standards and methodologies, tools and techniques, and its underlying quality assurance principles and processes.
- Collaborates with technical project teams on defined architectural standards and best practices throughout all phases of the SDLC (feasibility analysis, requirements, design, testing, quality assurance, packaging, deployment). Will contribute and provide guidance in solution definition and technical implementation. Acts as liaison between Architecture and Standards department and development teams to ensure alignment.
- Troubleshoots and proposes solutions to software design and program deficiencies/problems in existing or new systems.
- Provides advice and recommendations to project teams on proper build, deployment and versioning procedures as defined by CIHI’s Software Configuration Management Guidelines.
- Formulates strategies for identifying and designing reusable components at the enterprise level in addition to acting as Team Lead in development efforts for implementation of these reusable components.
- Provides strategic input into the evolution of CIHI’s architecture standards and methodologies and definition of appropriate tools and techniques to support these standards and methodologies.
- Continuously researches and selects web and user interface related technologies and standards to form part of CIHI’s web architecture standards.
- May act as Project Manager by identifying opportunities for having common components developed within existing application development efforts, thus, coordinating efforts of teams across IT&S departments in order to guarantee the development of standardized reusable components. This role may include, but is not limited to project status and change request reporting, maintenance of project plans and risk management.
- As required, assists Manager in tactical planning for further development of the referential architecture.
|Knowledge & Experience
- University degree or equivalent experience/education in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline and a Sun Certified Enterprise Architect is desirable.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience developing multi-user software/application solutions (full development life cycle), five (5) or more years of which are in a web-based environment using industry-standard tools; minimum five (5) years’ experience in a team lead role.
- Strong OO Analysis and Design (OOAD) skills; good understanding of distributed computing concepts: SOA, web services and usage of common design patterns, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with architecture modelling tools such as Rational Rose, Magic Draw, TogetherJ or Enterprise Architect.
- Web-based development expertise using J2EE technologies and frameworks (Spring, Struts, iBatis, Hibernate, J2EE design patterns) and familiarity with XML, RDBMS, UNIX/Linux and CVS/SourceSafe/ClearCase.
- Experience with Java IDE tools such as Eclipse or Oracle’s JDeveloper. Additional experience with Oracle Reports, Oracle iAS/Apache COM, C++ Oracle RDBMS 9i or 10g or higher, is an asset.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate workload effectively.
- Strong team player.
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas/processes in non-technical terminology.
- Ability to fulfil travel requirements.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Closing Date/Date limite