If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Themis Program Management
||Manager of Infrastructure Solutions
|About the Company
||Themis Program Management, a British Columbia company established in 1988, has a proud history of working in partnership with public sector agencies across Canada to assist in the delivery of services that are cost effective, customer focused and adaptive to changing environments and expectations. They are the leading service and technology provider in Canada to the Child Support Enforcement field, and operate BC’s entire Family Maintenance Enforcement Program on behalf of the Ministry of the Attorney General. They are currently recruiting a Manager of Infrastructure Solutions to join their Business and Technology Solutions division in Burnaby, to support the organization’s 300 users in six locations across the province. Themis offers competitive compensation, full employee benefits, a generous vacation policy, and a family-friendly environment that supports individuals in managing their careers and busy personal lives.
|About the Opportunity
||The Manager of Infrastructure Solutions will provide leadership to a five-person team of Technical Support Analysts (help desk), and System Administrators in ensuring the technology infrastructure sustains business operations and can be leveraged for future growth and innovation. In addition to managing daily IT support requirements, the Manager will lead numerous and simultaneous IT infrastructure projects, including vendor relationship management, and prioritize and direct the resources required to complete projects cost-effectively and on time. Of primary importance will be managing the expectations of key stakeholders across various offices and bringing a collaborative approach to meeting their infrastructure needs. This in-house role is hands-on, requires strong supervisory skills, and a genuine interest in providing outstanding end-user support. The position reports to the Director, Business and Technology Solutions. The anticipated start date will be early September, 2012.
||For successful consideration, you must bring the following background and experience:
• A minimum of five years of IT management experience that includes technical team leadership and supervision in an enterprise environment, with proven success managing projects throughout the infrastructure life-cycle process.
• Of primary importance will be people management and relationship building skills; you thrive on growing and mentoring technical teams and communicate easily across individuals and departments, both locally and at a distance.
• Strong Enterprise infrastructure experience is essential including vendor management, and knowledge of industry trends as they impact enterprise infrastructure; additionally, some understanding of software development will be a definite asset.
• You have strong technical decision making skills and the ability to collaborate with applications and architecture teams.
• Experience in resource allocation and task prioritization will be key to success in their customer centric delivery model.
• A university degree or equivalent is required, ideally supported by technical certifications and qualifications; a PMP designation or coursework will be a definite asset.
To apply please upload your resume and cover letter, preferably in one Word document, to by clicking on the "Apply" button below. Applicants will be considered as they are received and we will acknowledge all those who express interest. For additional information, please call Doris Bentley at 604.985.5072.