If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Manufacturing Buyer/Purchasing & Material Requirements Planner
||Great opportunity to join a Canadian manufacturing success story! They have a solid track record and export around the world. They engineer, manufacture and install custom built equipment used in remote locations around the world.
||Primary responsibility for material requirements planning, on-time delivery, inventory levels, and scheduling of project and production materials.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Establishes and manages the day to day communications with suppliers in order to assure the optimum level of inventory is in place at the company’s manufacturing facilities and suppliers.
• Conducts material requirements planning and scheduling materials based on MRP and continuously improve pull-systems to assure availability of materials. Issuing regular material requirements forecasts to suppliers as required. Provides day to day materials scheduling, issuing purchase orders, monitoring vendor inventory levels and generating related reports.
• Create, issue and maintain purchase orders. Manages communications with suppliers regarding delivery changes, logistics, quality, expediting, and rework. Optimizes logistics costs and inventory levels.
• Uses Syspro as required to plan and schedule production work.
• Escalates and manages issues related to supplier performance on a case by case basis and in accordance with established metrics and supply agreements.
• Maintains accurate purchasing records. Follows business operating procedures as they apply to this role and propose changes to improve efficiency.
• Assures the integrity of planning and part data in Syspro. Uses Syspro data to generate reports. Writes queries and format reports for presentation. Carries out data entry and product data configuration in Syspro during new product introduction and ongoing maintenance of this data; including, item masters, bill of materials and related information.
• Provides administrative support for Industry Canada’s Industrial Regional Benefits programs.
• Carries out other projects and duties as required.
||• Education in Purchasing and/or Production Planning or a related certificate
• At least 3 years’ experience as a Buyer/Planner in a manufacturing environment using an ERP system
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) at an advanced level
• Experience with Syspro is preferred
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Critical thinking skills and good judgment
• Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• High level of initiative
• Good time management, with ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Detail oriented
Candidates must have Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status.
No relocation is available and only local residents will be considered at this time.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
To apply for this job send us your resume for this specific position to:
||British Columbia [BC]