If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Senior Network Support Analyst - Linux and DNS/DHCP
||Reporting directly to the Manager of Technical Support, you will be a key member of the Customer Care Team supporting network administration staff within major enterprise accounts. You will be focused on solving complex networking problems that have already been through a couple of levels of technical support. The work will entail Webex calls working directly within the customer’s technical environment to gather information on the current network architecture, infrastructure, configuration and various system & log files and analytics to trouble shoot the issue. You will also have to work within the support lab to duplicate customer technical environments to replicate, identify, document and resolve technical problems. You will also be contributing to the technical support knowledge base and interfacing with the development & QA teams on any bugs that have been identified. Another key responsibility will be managing the customer relationship by actively managing expectations and focusing on excellence in customer service.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing international data network product company!
• Provide customers with electronic and telephone-based technical product support
• Configure and troubleshoot Linux DNS/DHCP and TCP/IP
• Track support case activity in an automated support portal
• Produce and publish customer-facing knowledgebase content
• Willingness to participate in the Support On-Call rotation (1 week every 6 weeks)
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are necessary
• Must be customer focused and have prior experience in enterprise customer service
• Degree or college diploma in a computing-focused discipline or an additional 2-3 years
relevant work experience
• Strong understanding of internet and network technologies such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP,SMTP,
SNMP, WINS, and FTP
• Hands on experience with ISC BIND and DHCPD
• Experience supporting network gear such as Cisco, F5, Juniper and others.
• Background or experience with networks in mixed OS environments
• Strong knowledge of Linux is required and some Microsoft Windows experience
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions
• Familiarity with Java, PostgreSQL or JBoss is an asset
• Fluency in languages (other than English) would be an asset
Salary Range is $60,000 to $75,000 + bonus
Candidates must have Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status.
No relocation is available and only local residents will be considered at this time.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
To apply for this job send us your resume for this specific position to:
General information on BlackShire can be found on our website. www.blackshire.com
All applications are treated confidentially. We will not disclose your name or send your resume to any client without first discussing the opportunity with you.
No fee will be charged to any individual seeking or obtaining employment through our company.
||North York - Toronto