If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Director, Software Architecture
||Our client is an international leader in the design and development of life critical software applications. Recognized worldwide for the quality of the technical solutions they design and build.
||• Set the overall architectural directions for their software.
• Ensure the overall architectural and design integrity of the software.
• Work on complex problems that impact the design success of current products
• Address broad design issues of future products or technologies
• Member of the Engineering Management Team
• Approve any architectural decisions and architectural changes
• Approve any new technologies or externally sourced components
• Evaluate risks caused by change requests and provide technical recommendations to mitigate the risk
• Manage research and evaluate technology advancements
• Work with sales engineering and customer support to anticipate customer needs and market requirements.
• Management and leadership of Architecture and Research Teams; including staffing and mentoring
||• University education in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Applied Science
• 10 – 20 years software engineering experience
• Minimum 8-10 years major enterprise software product architecture experience
• Minimum 7-10 years management/leadership/mentoring/recruitment
• Experience with Agile and RUP development is preferred
• Experience with industry standard research and software product architectural best practices
• Experience with 6 Sigma and ISO standards for software development
• Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic team environment.
Candidates must have Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status.
Relocation assistance within Canada.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
All applications are treated confidentially. We will not disclose your name or send your resume to any client without first discussing the opportunity with you.
No fee will be charged to any individual seeking or obtaining employment through our company.
||British Columbia [BC]