If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Java Software Engineer - network management
This is a great opportunity to join a very successful and rapidly expanding Network Management Software company. They produce high reliability and high performance Network management Appliances. They count among their clients Apple, the RCMP, Bank of Montreal and others. Their solutions include varied technologies: Linux OS, application servers, relational databases, Cloud and Mobile technologies.
As part of a high performance development team you will be working on the development of leading edge network management appliances and software solutions written in Java for Linux based platforms.
||SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Education in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; focused on programming
• Minimum 2 years Java/Linux development experience, preferable in a software company
• Experience developing web applications and database applications
• Experience with standard software development tools: source code management and incident/bug reporting tools, etc.
• Experience with standard development practices: Unit Testing, Java Logging, etc.
• Agile development experience is required
• Experience developing applications for layer 2 and 3 of the OSI model would be very desirable; in particular knowledge of DNS/DHCP and TCP/IP would be a strong asset
• Windows development experience would be an asset
• Must have very good written and verbal English communication skills
Candidates must have Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status.
No relocation is available and only local residents will be considered at this time.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
All applications are treated confidentially. We will not disclose your name or send your resume to any client without first discussing the opportunity with you.
No fee will be charged to any individual seeking or obtaining employment through our company.