If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Sr. Network Administrator – Linux DNS Bind & DHCP
BlackShire.com is focused on staffing intermediate, senior and executive positions within growing technology companies, engineering firms and manufacturing operations. Excellent opportunity to join a very successful and fast growing network product company. They are a market leader in the development of network management products for medium and large enterprises. You will be working remotely and on-site with major network management teams. Travel will be between 10% - 20% in North America.
- You will be a dedicated technical resource for a group of 4-6 key enterprise customer accounts
- Working with the customer’s senior network technology professionals you will plan and coordinate product upgrades.
- Investigate potential technical issues.
- Contribute to the knowledgebase; issues, known problems, workarounds.
- Monitor the customer’s technology environment and the product performance.
- Make recommendations on how to optimize the products overall performance for any given customer technical environment.
- Interface with Tier 3 technical support team
||SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- University Degree or Post Secondary program in technology
- Minimum of 6 to 8 years of experience working with large enterprise systems and networks
- A deep knowledge of DNS Bind and DHCP is required.
- Expertise in Linux/Unix system management (scripting, monitoring, conf file editing etc…)
- Experience with other common protocols and services (FTP, TFTP, NTP, SNMP, syslog etc…)
- Deep knowledge of networking protocols and experience in debugging network issues (packet capture and analysis etc…)
- Excellent English communication skills are necessary; both verbal and written.
- Experience working in a customer facing role for a technology product or service company would be a great asset.
- Must be willing to travel 10-20%
Telecommuting - work from home with 10-15% Travel in North America.
Citizens or Permanent Residents of either Canada or the USA are preferred
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
||North America - Telecommuting