If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||DCS Automation Control and Instrumentation specialist
||Great opportunity to join an engineering company that works on engineering projects around the globe. The initial contract will be in a remote Canadian location.
||As an experienced DCS Control and instrumentation specialist you will be working with the DCS team as part of the mechanical completions group for the project.
With a broad knowledge of instrumentation you will be responsible for ensuring all devices wired to the DCS are operational before hand over to the client.
The DCS Control and instrumentation specialist will work closely with colleagues across a number of functions, including instrumentation, electrical and mechanical.
Activities include but are not limited to:
• Verify DCS system installed per design
• Work with construction groups to “commission” Foundation Fieldbus devices
• Verify the Foundation Fieldbus devices communicate to the DCS
• Verify Devicenet connected motors communicate to the DCS
• Verify remote I/O that utilizes ASi Bus communicates to the DCS
• Verify traditional instrumentation wired to the DCS and mechanical packages
• Verify interfaces to package systems with Allen Bradley PLC’s.
• Track, record and report progress on assigned systems
• Complete the quality system QVDs (quality verification documents)
||5 – 7 years DCS Control and Instrumentation experience
Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Must be comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic team environment.
Knowledge of any the following as asset:
• DeltaV DCS
• Allen Bradley PLC
• Allen Bradley Motor Control Centers
• Emerson, E&H, Yokogawa, ABB, and other manufacturers field devices
• Concepts of industrial TCP/IP networking
• Copper and Fiber optic medias
• Any Controls or Instrumentation related Degree, Diploma or Certification
Candidates must have
• Canadian Citizenship or
• Canadian Permanent Residency status or
• American Citizen or Permanent Resident with an Engineering license.
Candidates must reside in North America
This is a 6 month contract position with field rotations in Canada
To apply for this job send us your resume in MS WORD format for this specific position to:
||Canadian Field rotations