If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Purchasing Engineer - Manufacturing
||This is a great opportunity to join a Canadian manufacturing success story. They have a solid track record and export around the world.
||You will manage the technical and commercial aspects of the company’s supplier base. The role sources, develops and manages suppliers to provide solutions for the company’s production and project requirements. Reviews customer and internal specification requirements to produce RFQ documents that accurately reflect the part requirements, including all technical requirements/specifications, quantities, logistics and other project supply considerations
Acquires quotes for a wide range of commodities and products.
Specific Duties include:
• Reviews RFQ documents with part requirements and develops sourcing requirements for technical specifications, quantities, logistics and other project supply considerations.
• Documents sourcing requirements and maintains specifications in detailed records.
• Acquires quotes for parts, assemblies and commodities as determined to meet project needs.
• Summarizes quotes and makes recommendations to Purchasing.
• Works with Purchasing and Quality Assurance to provide long-term strategic sourcing with the supplier base.
• Justify make versus buy decisions and supply chain initiatives to reduce the total costs.
• Qualifies suppliers and provides input to Supplier Quality Engineer on any supplier quality issues that arise.
• Develop systems to evaluate supplier performance.
• Provide strategic sourcing recommendations to advance the company’s supply chain competitiveness.
• Remains current with customer industries and the technologies with which they work.
• Manages commitments to suppliers.
• Establish supply contracts as applicable and support Buyer/Planner activities to optimize inventory and project deliveries.
• Remains current with potential supplier’s industries and technologies
• Provides input to product designers.
• Carries out other projects and duties as required.
||• Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
• At least 5 years’ experience sourcing parts, components and assemblies for a manufacturing operation
• ISO 9000 or other quality assurance system expereince,
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to work well with cross-functional teams and diverse groups of stakeholders
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills in establishing cooperative working relationships both internally and externally
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• High level of initiative
• Good time management, with ability to, organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong customer service skills, including ability to build credibility and trust
• Excellent listening skills
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound recommendations
• Critical thinking skills and good judgment
• Proficient with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) at an advanced level
• Ability to handle stress
• Willingness to travel
Candidates must have Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status.
No relocation is available and only local residents will be considered at this time.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
To apply for this job send us your resume for this specific position to:
||British Columbia [BC]