If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please send this job to a friend.
||Sr Embedded Software Engineer - Technical Team Leader
||With proven technical leadership you will spearhead all embedded software and firmware design and development for this world class electro mechanical R&D facility.
||• Working with R&D staff (software, embedded, mechanical, electrical, and systems engineers) to define, document and analyze technical and systems requirements/specifications for next generation electro mechanical equipment.
• Design, develop, and implement applications, operating system drivers, embedded systems, communication protocols, and control systems.
• Design, develop, and implement embedded real-time software systems for machine control and motion control applications.
• Trouble shoot and debug low-level hardware/firmware/interface/protocol/software issues
• Provide expert level technical leadership regarding the design of real-time embedded systems and communication protocols
• Participate in general design reviews, code reviews, etc.
• Provide technical leadership, mentoring and training to other software engineers.
||• You must have a university education in Computer Science or Electrical engineering
• 10-20 years embedded real-time programming in C/C++ and assembly
• 10 years Windows Driver development for soft-real time systems like Windows XP Embedded and Windows 7 Standard (32 and 64 bit)
• Windows kernel mode bus mastering DMA and interrupt handling
• 10 years + VHDL and FPGA development
• ARM7, PowerPC, and Xilinx Microblaze CPU programming
• DAC’s and ADC’s
• RFID tag programming
• PCI and PCIe protocols experience
• motion control system design
• Strong system level troubleshooting aptitude and experience
• Sound track record of analyzing and gathering internal stakeholder/customer requirements
• Familiarity with C#, .Net, TCP/IP, database design and technologies an asset
Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
Must be comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic team environment.
Candidates must have Canadian Citizenship or Canadian Permanent Residency status.
No relocation is available and only local residents will be considered at this time.
This is a full-time employee position, Contractors will not be considered.
All applications are treated confidentially. We will not disclose your name or send your resume to any client without first discussing the matter with you.
No fee will be charged to any individual seeking or obtaining employment through our company.
||British Columbia [BC]