Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Level I Licensed Insurance Advisor
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Member Contact Centre has an opening for a regular full-time Level I Licensed Insurance Advisor. As one of BCAA’s Member experience creators, you are an insurance professional who delivers amazing Member experiences, every time. While working at BCAA’s Member Contact Centre (MCC), you are a source of positive brand impressions to all BCAA Members. You create long lasting relationships with our Members by continuously driving revenue growth through consultative selling to support BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
|Key Responsibilities Include
Sells, upgrade and cross-sell BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members
- Through telephone and/or web-based consultative sales, acquires new membership and personal lines insurance business to meet prescribed sales, retention and productivity targets, BCAA and AAA/CAA best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
- Collaborate with BCAA or other supplier’s Underwriters
- Review product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
- Create and follow up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
- Deepen Member relationships through thoroughly reviewing and renewing Memberships and Insurance policies, cross-selling other BCAA products and services and meeting prescribed BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals.
Manage Member accounts and concerns
- Update Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
- Process insurance endorsements and update coverages
- Issue new and renewal membership transactions such as memberships, Trip Tiks (auto travel planning), passport photos, international driving permits, Member maps, tour books and camp guides
- Resolve Member concerns by following BCAA’s Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Process and manage Member documents
- Process payments and follow up on outstanding payments
- Issue new and renewal insurance policies, cancellations, endorsements
- Issue new, renewing and makes changes to memberships
- Meet all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality accuracy and timeliness
- Meet all required practices for voice and e-signatures
Acquire and maintain industry, product and systems knowledge
- Active learning: Keeps up to date with industry knowledge and competitor’s product offerings
- Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and personal insurance lines manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
- Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
- Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
- 2 current and consecutive years of general insurance experience, with 1 year experience in general insurance experience
- Demonstrated sales productivity and selling skills
- Good knowledge of personal lines insurance products (except life insurance)
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment. Demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
- Proven judgment and decision making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations.
- Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to meet set sales, productivity and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to clearly articulate complex product information for all demographics by telephone and email.
- Fluent in applicable systems
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
- Experience working in a contact centre environment
- Completion of BCAA product training in membership, auto, travel medical, tenant and condo insurance
- Completion of BCAA’s photo training
- Completion of BCAA’s Member Conversations training or external consultative “selling skills” courses
- Completion of CAIB 1
- Knowledge of BCAA’s systems such as NEAT, Diamond, Varicent and Cisco
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions. Be in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC.
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Customer Contact Centre (Burnaby)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did You Know: BCAA's Road Assist Fleet just celebrated it's 50th Anniversary?