||Software Developer Analyst II (Intermediate Java Developer) Regular Full-Time
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Information Services (IS) team is hiring a regular full-time Software Developer Analyst II (Intermediate Java Developer).
The Software Developer Analyst II (Intermediate Java Developer) is responsible for the development and delivery of IS software solutions and support of BCAA business systems. The DA II will perform coding and package configuration which includes enhancements and production break fix and required documentation (ie. test plans including conditions, data and expected results). The DA II will also be mentoring team members in coding and configuration.
The DA II is the second of three levels in the Developer career path and works from broad specifications to develop or modify complex software applications. The DA II designs, codes, tests and debugs software programs and documents and maintains programs. Coding and testing is expected in addition to leadership responsibilities such as providing assistance to junior developers and assisting with the moderately complex situations.
Developer Analyst II can spend up to 10% of their time performing Business System Analyst or Architectural tasks
|Key Responsibilities Include
- Designs, develops and documents parts of a complex and comprehensive product suite.
- Produces code within quality and coding standards.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of our current product and provides ideas for improvement of the product.
- Architects and implements programmatic data flows and user interfaces.
- Integrates other team’s software modules.
- Conducts implementation and unit testing for assigned work packages, may also conduct integration testing.
- Participates on project teams.
- Participates in design reviews.
- Provides time estimates for assigned development.
- Troubleshoots production issues.
- On occasion is available for off-hours release support.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Computing Science
- 4 to 6 years code integration in an application development
- Java, J2EE, some C# .NET, JBoss, Message Oriented Middleware
Demonstrated ability in the development and analysis of technical specifications
Demonstrated ability in design and architecture modeling including UML
Excellent listening skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work both independently and with other team members
Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges
Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
Excellent multi-taking and organizational skills
Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
Experience in more than one IT discipline (eg development and one other area such as database or network)
Project coordination, planning and/or management
Experience in leading/mentoring junior developers
Experience with the Agile approach to software development
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.