Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Membership & Auto Insurance Advisor - Penticton (Temporary Part-Time)
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Penticton Service Location has one opening for a temporary part-time (20 or more hours per week for a 5 months temporary assignment) Membership & Auto Insurance Advisor. As one of BCAA’s Member-facing team members, you are a membership, travel and auto insurance professional who delivers amazing Member experiences, every time. While working in one of our BCAA service locations, you are a source of positive brand impressions to all BCAA Members. You create long lasting relationships with our Members by continuously driving revenue growth through consultative selling to support BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
|Key Responsibilities Include
Sells, upgrades and cross-sells BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members
Through consultative in-person or over the phone sales, acquires new membership, auto and travel medical insurance business to meet prescribed sales and retention targets, BCAA and AAA/CAA best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
Collaborate with BCAA or other supplier’s Underwriters
Reviews product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
Creates and follows up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
Deepens Member relationships through thoroughly reviewing and renewing memberships and insurance policies, cross-selling other BCAA products and services and meeting prescribed BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Manages Customer/Member accounts and concerns
Updates Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
Processes insurance endorsements and updates coverages
Issues renewal Memberships and Member entitlement products such as Trip Tiks (auto travel route planning), maps, tour books, camp guides, international driving permits and passport photos
Resolves Member concerns by following BCAA’s Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Processes and manages Member documents
Processes payments and follows up on outstanding payments
Issues new, renewing and makes changes to memberships
Issues new and renewal insurance policies, cancellations, endorsements, auto insurance plates and transfers
Meets all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
Active learning: Keeps up to date with industry knowledge and competitor’s product offerings
Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and personal insurance lines manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
- Level 1 general insurance license (or willing to obtain in 3 months)
- Must enroll in BCAA’s Membership training, to be completed within 18 months from date of hire
- Proven judgment and decision making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations
- Demonstrated sales productivity and selling skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to meet set sales, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in applicable systems
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
- 1 year in a customer service or sales environment selling Travel Medical insurance or Member based products and services
- 1 year selling Autoplan and private auto insurance
- Completion of Autoplan Essentials
- Accredited travel insurance training program
- Demonstrated excellence in geographical knowledge of North America with good map reading skills
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions. Be in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
||Temp Part Time (TPT+)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did You Know: BCAA provides four hours of paid time off through the new BCAA Volunteer Program to help the charity of your choice?