Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Analyst, New Ventures
BCAA is looking for a Regular Full-Time Analyst, New Ventures!
The Analyst, New Ventures responsible for supporting the New Ventures and other businesses in analysis and financial modeling, including interpreting business problems, retrieving and analyzing data, and communicating results.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining tools to assist with routine decisions such as NPV and ROI analysis
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, project plans, and related scenario analysis
- Monitoring and submitting recommendations for improvements and enhancements of processes and capabilities as they relate to the acquisition, extraction, and retention of financial and non-financial data
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting supporting the activities above Gross Operating Margin at the Association
|Key Responsibilities Include
|Financial & Non-Financial Analysis
- Financial modeling on new ventures and other businesses
- Identify and investigate variances in company/division/product performance
- Maintain and proactively improve forecasting and tracking models for marketing/sales areas
- Research external sources (industry organizations, government) for information to assist analysis and comparison
- Interpret and analyze structured business problems and queries - communicate results and provide recommendations for action where appropriate
- Formulate and execute test scenarios and models to test the possible outcomes of proposed courses of action
- Present analysis, conclusions and recommendations in a variety of formats – orally, in written form, or presentation - as required
- Develop, maintain, and proactively improve managerial reports (regular and ad-hoc)
- Reconcile managerial reports to corporate results and conduct routine analysis to detect data errors
- Proactively seek out and put forward recommendations for new tools and/or procedures to enhance the quality and timeliness of managerial reporting
- Monitor and make recommendations to enhance the quality and timeliness of managerial reporting
- Maintain a current base of information, documentation, and expertise about data within the business application (NEAT) and its relationship to financial and non-financial reporting - including table structures, meta-data, and upcoming changes
- Develop and maintain data queries that produce accurate, reliable, and reconcilable results
- Monitor and make recommendations for improvement regarding the acquisition, extraction, and retention of relevant data
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business, Economics, or equivalent with emphasis on quantitative analysis and methods
- Three years of relevant experience in finance and business planning
- Proficient knowledge with analytical tools (Microsoft Excel and relational databases) as well as advanced proficiency with standard productivity software (word processing, presentations, email)
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Highly organized with demonstrated problem solving and decision making ability
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE CRIMINAL, CREDIT, CREDENTIAL AND REFERENCE CHECKS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH BCAA.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.