||Executive Assistant (Permanent Full-Time)
BCAA's Corporate Services department is recruiting for an Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer. This permanent full-time position will provide executive administrative assistance to the Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer and their Direct Reports.
Due to the public nature of the Executive office, the Executive Assistant has direct contact with the general public (members), Board of Directors, and senior team members from other professional organizations. Communications can be sensitive and this position must command a thorough knowledge of the organization in addition to strong communication and interpersonal skills to respond effectively to inquiries. The individual in this position must work independently and exercise initiative, judgment and problem solving skills to complete work. The Executive Assistant assesses the complex demands of their Executive Team (ET) member’s office and where appropriate handles issues both in person and through written communication. Decisions regarding what needs to be done often requires setting critical priorities and working in an environment where deadlines need to be constantly monitored, assessed and completed under time pressures.
The majority of the internal communication is typically with the Executive Team. However, due to the nature of the role, the position has direct contact with management and team members throughout the organization. On behalf of the ET member, the Executive Assistant responds to issues throughout the organization, liaising with team members to follow up on action items, gathering information and providing direction on work directed by the ET member.
|Key Responsibilities Include
- Maintains the Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer calendars including receiving and initiating requests for appointments, assessing urgency and priority of requests and scheduling meetings as required. Liaises with attendees and/or their support team to coordinate dates, times and locations.
- Collects and compiles data for the preparation of correspondence, memos, reports, including liaising with team members to identify information to be gathered, reviewing information for appropriateness and producing documentation for review by Executive team members.
- Coordinates meetings by arranging dates and times, collecting information/data for meeting, drafting meeting agendas, recording minutes, typing and distributing minutes indicating action items, and reviewing and following-up on commitments and issues.
- Generates a variety of documents including correspondence, memos, reports, minutes and meeting agendas using a range of software packages in a professional format with minimal margin for error.
- Develops, monitors, evaluates and implements office procedures.
- Maintains the document management system for the office of the Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer (i.e., electronic files, filing system, etc.).
- Checks invoices for coding and authorization, follow up on discrepancies and submits to Finance for payment. Signing authority for this position is currently set at under $2,000.
- Provide secretarial assistance, as required or requested, to the Direct Reports of the Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer.
- Grade 12 education plus Post Secondary Executive Administration course training.
- 5 years (+) experience in a progressively senior executive support role.
- Ability to work independently and to resolve administrative issues/problems.
- Demonstrated ability to use related equipment including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software at an advanced level with keyboarding skills of 60 w.p.m. minimum.
- Demonstrated flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload and work under time pressures to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including the ability to respond politely and diplomatically to both internal and external inquiries.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to provide effective administrative support at the executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to apply tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Demonstrated time management skills to assist others in meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
- Independent and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented, flexible and creative.
- Sensitive and intuitive to the needs of the Executive Team and other areas.
- Self-motivated, proactive approach to work and seeks out opportunities to contribute to the company’s efficiency and success without waiting to be assigned tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Creative problem solving
- High energy level
- Appreciation for basic marketing and communications
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
||* Please note this position has been filled. We are no longer accepting applications for this job.