Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Corporate Reports Writer & Analyst
BCAA A Great Place To Work
Connect. Amaze. Inspire.
BCAA's Corporate Home Office in Burnaby has an opening for a Temporary Full-Time (12 Months) Corporate Reports Developer. The Corporate Reports developer examines and evaluates reporting requirements across the organization and then uses reporting tools to develop reporting structures and reports. This role proactively generates and compiles reports and makes recommendations for improvements or new requirements for maintenance, set-up, operation and administration of the reporting tools.
|Key Responsibilities Include
Process and Procedures:
- Collaborates with Business Analysts to develop and improve reporting processes.
- Works with data owners and business units to develop models, procedures and protocols for reporting consistent with corporate goals.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts and Business Systems Analysts to determine reports specifications and scope.
- Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations of alternatives for improving processes in reporting systems across the organization.
- Develops routines and procedures for Business Analysts to facilitate best practices use of reporting tools and application
Report Generation (Regular and Ad Hoc):
- Interviews Business Analysts to understand reporting requirements and prioritizes them.
- Creates functional requirements from business requirements and reviews them with Business Analysts.
- Coordinates the creation and management of reporting structures with application development staff.
- Designs reporting solutions.
- Programs, tests (unit and integration), documents and deploys reporting solutions.
- Maintains and upgrades reporting solutions.
- Reviews and investigates operational variances to determine root causes.
- Corrects any programming.
- Designs solutions to correct variances and reviews with the initiator.
- Programs, tests, documents and deploys solutions.
- Reviews administration process and procedures and makes improvements as required.
- Acts as back-up resource for administration.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
Diploma or Degree in computing science, information management or business administration.
- 4 years of reporting writing, technical requirements analysis and data modeling (or understanding data models)
- Experience with the following:
- Crystal Enterprise/BOXI Administration
- BOXI analytics (data cubes)
- SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services)
||Temp Full Time (TFT)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE CRIMINAL, CREDIT, CREDENTIAL AND REFERENCE CHECKS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH BCAA.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.