Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
BCAA A Great Place To Work
Connect. Amaze. Inspire.
BCAA's Head Office Business Solutions department in Burnaby has an opening for a regular full-time Senior Quality Assurance Analyst.
The Senior QA Analyst is responsible for providing leadership in delivering exceptional software quality through testing best practices and automation, in partnership with Business Analysts and Developers throughout the SDLC cycle.
The SQAA works closely with Business Analysts and Developers to understand product requirements, architecture and technology, and to improve testability and defect prevention. Key responsibilities of this role include release test planning, creation and execution of automated test scripts, test cases and testing coordination.
The SQAA is the most senior of three levels within the QA Analyst career path and is expected to provide direction and guidance to junior members of the team. This role is also responsible for continuous improvement to Quality Assurance processes/tools in order to enable delivery of high quality software and to accelerate time to market of BCAA products. Career Path of this role is Business Analysis/Management.
|Key Responsibilities Include
- Plan and lead effort to increase automated test coverage.
- Review and analyze system functions and design QA procedures for all stages of SDLC.
- Analyse requirements and use cases to develop test plans and estimate efforts.
- Develop and maintain well written test plans and test cases.
- Record, develop and maintain well performing automated test scripts.
- Perform security, load and performance testing.
- Advocate development practices that support testability, defect prevention and early detection of defects.
- Perform development quality audits.
- Execute automated and manual testing.
- Identify and track software defects found during testing.
- Keep informed of emerging trends in Software Quality Assurance (SOA), including QA methodologies, automation tools and best practices.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to intermediate and associate testers on the team.
- Perform development quality audits.
- Provide support to identify underlying causes of production incidents and validate solutions.
Project Coordination/Team Leadership:
- Coordinate testing and provide testing direction to Specialists Business Solutions and QAs.
- Manage and track testing status throughout the software development life cycle to ensure timing deadlines and divisional needs are met.
- Monitor daily progress of assigned tasks and prepare documentation for regular meetings.
- Work closely with external vendors to ensure BCAA’s system related needs are met, and that changes are delivered and tested on time.
- Coordinate application releases and 8 Disciplines (8D) Problem Solving reports for all major incidents/issues that fall under their team’s area of responsibility.
- Carry out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- 5-6 years of relevant experience, of which 1 to 2 years in application development. 4 years solid hands-on experience in developing test scripts for automated testing and 1-2 years in a Senior/Lead QA role.
- QA experience with browser based and web-based Java or .NET applications.
- Strong knowledge of automation tools such as MS Test Manager, TestComplete, SOAtest, Selenium and Watir.
- Experience in leading and mentoring junior testers.
- Ability to lead discussions and build consensus.
- In-depth knowledge of software testing methodologies.
- Exceptional analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter and a strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Development and implementation of QA Roadmap
- Understanding of Agile concepts and experience with their application within QA
- Experience in automated testing of 3rd party software
- ISTQB Certification
Background Check Requirements:
- ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE CRIMINAL, CREDIT, CREDENTIAL & REFERENCE CHECKS.
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE CRIMINAL, CREDIT, CREDENTIAL & REFERENCE CHECKS.