Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Insurance Sales Assistant II - Richmond (Permanent Full-Time)
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Richmond Service Location has an opening for a permanent full-time Insurance Sales Assistant II. As one of BCAA’s Member experience enablers, you provide administrative support for our service location insurance operations. You support the service location’s delivery of amazing Member experiences and growth of the insurance business in order that BCAA be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
|Key Responsibilities Include
Sales support of new and renewing home insurance business
- Quality checking insurance files to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate home inspections and receipt/review of photos
- Manage abeyance activities
- Issue binders
- Accounts receivables and payables
- Document management such as retention and scanning
- Coordinate home insurance appointments with insurance advisors
- Collaborate with BCAA or other supplier’s Underwriters
- Answer inbound telephone calls – home insurance questions and concerns
- Support team members to achieve financial growth targets
- Meet BCAA, CAA/AAA and Insurance Council of BC’s standards, practices and policies for compliance, Underwriting and Member satisfaction to limit errors and omissions
- Meets all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
General administrative support for the service location, such as
- Back up for administrative and greeting functions when co-workers are absent
- Support coordination of BCAA special events such as trade show and on/off-site Member events
- Manage office supplies
- Answer general inbound telephone calls – questions and concerns
Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
- Active learning: Keeps up to date with industry knowledge and competitor’s product offerings
- Maintains working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and personal insurance lines manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
- Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
- Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
Other duties as needed, such as
- Quality control and accounts receivables of non-home insurance documents such as auto and travel insurance
- Back up when insurance advisors are absent or when short-staffed
Completion of Grade 12
- Level 2 general insurance licence
- At least two years experience in a retail insurance environment
In-depth knowledge of home insurance
Strong written and verbal communication skills including telephone skills
Ability to work within a fast paced team environment. Demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
Proven judgment and decision making abilities
Demonstrated quality control experience with limited errors and omissions
Ability to meet set sales, retention and customer satisfaction targets
Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did You Know: BCAA's Road Assist Fleet just celebrated it's 50th Anniversary?