||Solution Specialist II - Infrastructure
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Information Services (IS) team is hiring a permanent full-time Solution Specialist II - Infrastructure. The Solution Specialist II - Infrastructure provides expert level consulting, technical planning, technical design/architecture and operational direction; and maintains all business and infrastructure systems. The SSII is regarded as the subject matter expert and makes decisions in situations where there is scope for interpretation of results. The SSII applies guidelines and procedures that leave considerable room for interpretation and recognizes and analyzes problems across projects or domain areas. The SSII also assists others in more junior roles.
|Key Responsibilities Include
Provides third level system support that is primarily composed of advanced administrative tasks that apply guidelines and procedures that leave considerable room for interpretation. Handles some Architect responsibilities.
Identifies connections, patterns or trends and makes recommendations for action.
Identifies systems and processes that can be standardized, defines and prioritizes initiatives and implements.
Implements and maintains preventive maintenance processes, standards and tools to ensure optimal system up-time of production systems.
Remains current on operation system administration procedures and best practices and ensures learning is documented and disseminated to the Infrastructure team.
Updates knowledge of accepted industry and company standards to improve service delivery.
Own his/her team 8D problem solving and team incident/change management processes.
Educates peers and customers when appropriate.
Coaches Support Specialist team members.
Ensures solutions do not negatively impact other parts of the system or introduce new defects
- Leads and participates in concurrent projects.
- Ensures technology is aligned with BCAA’s goals and objectives.
- Identifies and analyzes problems across projects or domain areas.
- Applies guidelines to decision in situations where there is scope of interpretation of rules.
- Develops logical models incorporating business requirements such as high availability, redundancy and disaster recovery into the logical/physical design.
- Researches, pilots, evaluates new technologies and standards, identifies how they will integrate with the corporate network and recommends strategies.
- Solves unusual problems or problems with a significant impact on the business.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of business cases in order to meet business needs and/or achieve operational effectiveness.
- Liaises with major and/or multiple application groups.
- Creates or reviews certification testing.
- Develops standards and procedures for implementing new technology.
- Mentors people and provides input and guidance to cross-functional teams.
- Coaches support staff.
- Performs knowledge transfer and training between IS and other BCAA business units.
- Informs Project and/or Resource Manager on any issues or risks.
- Assists Management in planning short to medium term work goals (3 to 6 months).
Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Degree in computing science or IT
- 7 to 8 years system administration and project coordination in the IT industry.
- Experience with Networks, Operating Systems, Applications such as MS Office, Email, Web, and Windows, ITIL, ITSM, with expert knowledge of Windows OS, Active Directory, VMWare, Exchange, SharePoint, Data Domain and SAN technologies
- Knowledge of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), Operating Level Agreements (OLA’s)
- Familiar with Project Management Methodology (PMP)
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge to complex situations
- Recognized subject matter expert
- Ability to diagnose faults under pressure by understanding the integration of complex systems
- Experience providing coaching and guidance
- Excellent listening skills
- Troubleshooting methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did you know: BCAA's Maple Ridge Service Centre "recently received the ICBC Broker Performance Top Achiever Award for the second consecutive year making them one of only two ICBC Autoplan Brokers in the province to do so."