Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Level I Licensed Insurance Advisor - Courtenay (Permanent Part-Time)
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Courtenay Service Location has an opening for a permanent part-time (20 or more hours per week) Level I Licensed Insurance Advisor. As one of BCAA’s Member-facing team members, you are an insurance professional who delivers amazing Member experiences, every time. While working in one of our BCAA service locations, you are a source of positive brand impressions to all BCAA Members. You create long lasting relationships with our Members by continuously driving revenue growth through consultative selling to support BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
|Key Responsibilities Include
Sells, upgrades and cross-sells BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members
Through consultative in-person or over the phone sales, acquires new membership and personal lines Insurance business to meet prescribed sales and retention targets, BCAA and AAA/CAA best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
Collaborate with BCAA or other supplier’s Underwriters
Review product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
Create and follow up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
Deepen Member relationships through thoroughly reviewing and renewing Memberships and Insurance policies, cross-selling other BCAA products and services and meeting prescribed BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Manage Member accounts and concerns
Update Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
Process insurance endorsements and updates coverages
Issue new and renewal membership transactions such as memberships, Trip Tiks (auto travel planning), passport photos, international driving permits, Member maps, tour books and camp guides
Resolve Member concerns by following BCAA’s Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Process and manages Member/customer documents
Process payments and follow up on outstanding payments
Issue new, renewing and make changes to memberships
Issue new and renewal insurance policies, cancellations, endorsements, auto insurance plates and transfers
Meet all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
Acquire and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
Active learning: Keeps up to date with industry knowledge and competitor’s product offerings
Maintains working knowledge of all BCAA membership and personal insurance lines manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
- Completion of Grade 12
- Insurance Agent Level 1 license
- Completion of Autoplan Essentials
- 2 years experience in a sales and service environment, including 1 current year of general insurance experience
- Demonstrated sales productivity and selling skills
- Knowledge of personal lines insurance products (except life insurance)
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment. Demonstrated multi-tasking skills
- Proven judgment and decision making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations
- Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to meet set sales, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in applicable systems
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
- Completion of CAIB 1 and 2
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions. Be in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC.
||Regular Part Time (RPT+)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did You Know:
BCAA Member or not, cyclists can call BCAA Road Assist for help. BCAA’s roadside assistance available to all B.C. cyclists for 2012 Bike To Work Week and Bike Month!