Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Manager, Incident Management and Service Desk
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Information Services department is hiring a permanent full-time Operational Manager 2 - Incident Management and Service Desk. The Operational Manager 2 – Incident Management and Service Desk (OM2 IM-SD) plans, coordinates, prioritizes and oversees the work of the Service Desk team: Computer Support Services (CSS) and Desktop. The OM2 IM-SD is responsible and accountable for the Incident Management process. The OM2 IM-SD supports incidents and urgent service requests personally and via CSS. The OM2 IM-SD also determines staffing requirements, establishes standards and procedures, monitors work activities and output, and ensures that production schedules and quantity/quality standards are met. The OM2 IM-SD works under minimal guidance and ensures that Service Desk team meets service requirements for first and, in some cases, second level support of all computer and business application related issues for all internal business partners/end users requesting assistance. OM2 IM-SD recommends desktop strategy based on immediate and future needs of the organization.
|Key Responsibilities Include
- Streamlines operation of the functional area in alignment with business objectives of the organization.
- Allocates resources to projects using predefined processes.
- Ensures there are no single points of failure for core systems and services.
- Ensures compliance with existing data security and legislative standards and legislations.
- Implements technologies and systems that are consistent with BCAA’s architectural standards.
- Ensures systems and processes are standardized.
- Provides independent interpretation of rules, both defined and undocumented.
- Participates in development of business cases.
- Provides support and quality control to IS and Business owned projects.
- Remains current on all department projects.
- Runs operational projects following BCAA’s project management methodology and associated processes.
- Provides input to senior IS Team on short to medium term goals.
- Oversees and negotiates Desktop related contracts and purchases with vendors.
- Provides direction on work assignments related to Desktop portfolio.
- Organizes and coordinates Incident Response Team (IRT) across IS for all IS related incidents and coordinates efforts with external partners as required.
- Provides status updates and resolution estimation to senior management and key business areas.
- Creates and updates incident management performance reports.
- Develops and implements standards and best practices in conjunction with Director and IS managers.
- Streamlines process and brings consistency to tools across teams.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and makes recommendations or implements when within authority level.
- Ensures all team members adhere to best practices.
- Creates and manages workflow systems that optimize performance.
- Analyzes resources needs and makes recommendations for operating and capital budgets.
- Initiates capital purchases within authority level, makes recommendations when above.
- Monitors expenses against budgets, analyzing variances and taking corrective action.
- Hires, trains and coaches team members.
- Ensures team has sufficient skills and experience to meet department objectives.
- Provides performance management and discipline as required.
- With assistance from HR, terminates employees when required.
- Ensures best BCAA HR practices, documentation and procedures are followed.
- Ensures knowledge transfer and retention in team.
- Manages succession and career development plans.
- Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in computing science, business or information systems
- At least 6 years in IS operations including at least 1 year in a leadership position of a small team ranging from 3 to 6 people.
- Support methodologies and associated software such as: ITIL, ITSM, Service Desk
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards in Technology Services and Information Services
- Continuous service improvement
- Some awareness of Business Case Development
- Strong leadership capabilities, including training and development of direct reports
- Ability to create and document effective processes and procedures in a technical yet user-friendly manner
- Excellent listening skills
- Troubleshooting methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and with other team members
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Customer focus
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did you know:
BCAA's Maple Ridge Service Centre "recently received the ICBC Broker Performance Top Achiever Award for the second consecutive year making them one of only two ICBC Autoplan Brokers in the province to do so."