Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Senior Project Manager
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA is hiring a regular full-time Senior Project Manager. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for defining and delivering strategic objectives through the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control and closing phases of approved projects. The Senior Project Manager is a hands-on position that includes Relationship Management, Project Management, Business Analysis, Leadership and Quality Championship. The Senior Project Manager is the most senior of three levels and is responsible for the most complex and largest projects.
|Key Responsibilities Include
Defines project approach, scope and deliverables, obtains consensus and manages stakeholder expectations.
Acquires, schedules and monitors project resources required to accomplish the business objectives of the project.
Identifies, quantifies, and documents high level risks, assumptions, constraints and dependencies with related projects within IS and BCAA.
Manages change requests and controls scope through effective execution of approved plan.
Directs, manages and coordinates team member activities and expectations, including collaboration with all project stakeholders from Business areas, internal and external consultants, contractors, and vendors.
Resolves complex issues and conflicts; escalates appropriately as required.
Oversees and guides stakeholders through change according to impact on process, technology, policy and people.
Ensures timeliness and quality of project deliverable creation, review, approval and distribution.
Manages operational hand-off of deliverables, post implementation review and identifies lessons learned.
Provides reporting tailored to various audiences according to complexity, risk and stakeholder reporting requirements.
Develops project budget for review by manager, then controls and monitors expenditures during project.
- Ensures that new designs and technologies are reviewed and approved by the design/change review board.
Enterprise Project Management Support:
May provide oversight of Project Manager 1’s and 2’s.
Facilitates execution of project prioritization and gating processes for key BCAA projects.
Provides coaching/guidance to Project stakeholders and team members on the BCAA Project Lifecycle and supported best practices.
Incorporates project management standards, processes and procedures in support of BCAA’s PMO’s continuous improvement activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Systems Manager, Engineering, IT or a related discipline plus PMP or equivalent designation. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- At least 9 years relevant working experience including at least 6 years managing projects of any nature that involve scheduling multiple people, departments or organizations and at least 3 years concurrent experience in a team leadership role. Project leadership equivalency will be considered. At least 1 of these years must be managing IT projects.
- Experience of managing, motivating, developing / coaching and appraising resources assigned to the project
- Project management tools sets such as Microsoft Project
Ability to lead and drive change.
Aptitude and awareness for IT technology.
Excellent listening skills.
Know how to use different problem solving methodologies.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to work both independently and with other team members.
Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
Effective negotiation and team-building skills.
Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Accurate budget and resource allocation management and forecasting.
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did you know:
BCAA's Maple Ridge Service Centre "recently received the ICBC Broker Performance Top Achiever Award for the second consecutive year making them one of only two ICBC Autoplan Brokers in the province to do so."