||Recruitment Specialist, People & Development (Human Resources)
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's People & Development department in Burnaby has an opening for a permanent full-time Recruitment Specialist, People & Development. The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for delivering many facets of recruiting throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of recruitment plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative approaches to address BCAA’s future recruitment needs. This position will be a critical role in ensuring BCAA has the right talent secured to move our business strategies forward.
|Key Responsibilities Include
Owns the day to day recruitment and maintains the relationships with People & Development Advisors and Hiring Managers; oversees the recruiting process from job posting through to the signing of the offer.
Acts in consultative role to hiring managers and P&D Advisors during offer stage.
Generates and maintain a strong candidate pipeline through creative resourcing, strategies, and effective utilization of the internal and external tracking systems.
Manages Hiring Managers’ expectations regarding recruitment timelines advising on the current market trends.
Facilitates feedback sessions for hiring managers (or hiring team & P&D Advisors) to assist manager in providing timely feedback to candidates or agency.
Responsible for coordinating external advertising, applicant tracking, and promoting recruitment programs, as well as working with external recruitment agencies.
Maintains up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues and trends, labour laws and legislative initiatives that have short and long-term implications on the profitability of the business.
Develops, tracks and analyzes all recruiting programs to optimize ROI.
Ensures Interview Guides meet the current needs of the BCAA and the market.
Advocates on behalf of BCAA on recruitment related initiative - e.g. On-Campus Recruiting, Employer Branding, Sourcing & Selection activities.
Sourcing qualified candidates via internet search engines, social media and innovative networking.
Ensures the hiring managers have the appropriate tools including interview & reference guides to facilitate next steps in the recruitment process.
Coordinates and or facilitates technical testing and leadership assessments, scoring and reporting result to the HR Advisors
Executes follow up on candidate status and logs accordingly into resume management database.
Assures total customer satisfaction by handling all inquiries and resolving challenges as they arise with clients, candidates or contractors.
- Anticipates hiring needs across BCAA and utilizes appropriate resources (agencies) to meet hiring needs.
- Develops a localized recruitment strategy that meets the need of current and future roles, ensuring quality, cost effectiveness and efficient time to hire.
- Advises Senior Management on significant staffing, sourcing and recruiting initiatives.
- Advises on the overall direction of the recruiting strategy, guidelines and procedures concerning staffing best practices, systems and methodology.
- Makes recommendations and provides consultation in the development of corporate and departmental recruitment planning. This is in addition to playing a significant role in the execution of such plans.
- Develops and maintain collaborative working relationships with line managers, business partners and other business groups through providing support and guidance as they relate to the recruitment and talent selection process.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Human Resources Management Certificate and / or equivalent HR experience.
- 5 Years of HR experience of which a minimum of 2 years of full cycle in-house recruitment experience in variety of roles and disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to source qualified candidates via internet search engines and innovative networking.
- Proven business acumen in translating business strategies into recruitment and retention solutions.
- Intermediate skills using HRIS, Applicant Tracking Systems and Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Ability to be innovative, creative, proactive, well organized and able to multi-task.
- Solid experience building relationships with emphasis on providing candidates and hiring managers alike with extraordinary customer experience.
- Proven ability to deliver and manage projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, trusting relationships with all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to utilize creativity when faced with recruitment challenges.
- Proficiency with HR Information Systems and MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A CHRP designation is an asset.
- Web 2.0 Recruiting Strategies.
- Managing Service Level Agreements with Recruiting Agencies and Job Posting Sites.
- Previous experience in a sales environment and / or working with recruitment agencies.
- Experience negotiating with third party suppliers, i.e. recruiting agencies
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did You Know: BCAA's Road Assist Fleet just celebrated it's 50th Anniversary?