Apply Now! Tell A Friend
||Membership & Travel Insurance Advisor - Contact Centre (Regular Full-Time)
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Customer Contact Centre has an opening for a regular full-time Membership & Travel Insurance Advisor (MTIA). As one of BCAA’s Member experience creators, you are a membership and travel insurance professional who delivers amazing Member experiences, every time. While working at BCAA’s contact centre, you are a source of positive brand impressions to all BCAA Members. You create long lasting relationships with our Members by continuously driving revenue growth through consultative selling to support BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
|Key Responsibilities Include
You are a caring membership and insurance sales professional who is dedicated to offering amazing Member experiences through the consultative sales of BCAA approved insurance and membership products. Within a telephone and web-based sales environment, you create long lasting Member relationships through the following:
- Selling BCAA memberships and entitlement products such Trip Tiks (auto travel route planning), maps, tour books and camp guides
- Assisting with car and hotel reservations, AAA discounted preferred products and Disney tickets
- Selling travel insurance products
- Renewing BCAA memberships and insurance policies by reviewing current coverages and making recommendations
- Cross-selling products and developing business leads for the future
- Processing payments and documents
- Meeting sales, productivity and Member satisfaction goals
- Collaborating with a team who is passionate about igniting unparalleled Member loyalty
- Level 1 general insurance license (or willing to obtain in 3 months)
- 2 years experience in a sales and service environment
- Demonstrated sales productivity and selling skills
- Enrolled in BCAA’s membership training, to be completed within 18 months from date of hire
- Ability to work within a fast paced team environment. Demonstrated multi-tasking skills
- Proven judgment and decision making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations
- Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to meet set sales, productivity and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to clearly articulate complex product information for all demographics by telephone and email
- Fluent in applicable systems
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.
- Experience working in a contact centre environment
- 1 year in a customer service or sales environment selling travel insurance or Member-based products and services
- Completion of an accredited travel insurance training program
- Demonstrated excellence in geographical knowledge of North America with good map reading skills. Familiarity with BCAA membership products and services
- Knowledge of BCAA’s systems such as NEAT, Diamond, Varicent and Cisco
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions. Be in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
||Regular Full Time (RFT)
||Customer Contact Centre (Burnaby)
||British Columbia [BC]
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did you know: "The Canadian Public Relations Society, at its annual conference held this year in Saint John, has just announced its national awards of excellence – and BCAA is among the recipients! BCAA won top marks and a Silver Award of Excellence in the Advocacy and Social Marketing category for the 2010 Dry Grad Video Challenge."