||General Clerk I
BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Corporate Fulfillment Centre in Burnaby has an opening for a temporary part-time (4.5 hours per day for 8 months) General Clerk I. Reporting to the Manager, the General Clerk I is responsible for administrative tasks that support the needs of various divisions of BCAA. On a daily basis this job holder is responsible in ensuring all customer correspondence is accurately folded, inserted, collated and mailed.
|Key Responsibilities Include
- On a daily basis completes the manual folding, inserting and collating of:
- Membership and Insurance documents
- Promotional materials
- Policy terms, conditions and wordings
Support and Administration
- On a daily basis performs general administrative functions:
- Assists with processing outgoing mail; includes sorting, weighing mail and affixing postage
- Distributes the interoffice mail
- Maintains, organizes and stores supplies
- Team support in situation of staff shortage and higher than usual work volumes
- Duties as assigned
Product Knowledge, Training and Learning
- To maintain current product knowledge on all BCAA/CAA/AAA products and services
- To assist with the cross training of staff within the department when applicable
- To assist with the updating and maintenance of all process and procedure documents
- To participate in both external and internal continuous leaning courses
- Minimum grade 12 education
- 12 months general office experience
Extensive standing and bending required (40%)
Ability to lift 40lb boxes
Good key boarding and data entry skills
Computer experience: Windows, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word & Excel)
Ability to cope with pressure and high volumes
Good communication & interpersonal skills
A positive approach to team work
Adapt well to an ongoing changing environment
Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Good problem solving abilities
Must be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy
||Temp Part Time (TPT+)
||Head Office (Burnaby)
|Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.
Did You Know: BCAA's Road Assist Fleet just celebrated it's 50th Anniversary?