Click Apply Now
if you are interested in this job and we will walk you through our Online Application process.
Click Tell A Friend
if you know of someone else who might be interested and send this opportunity to a friend.
Apply Now Tell a Friend
||Food and Beverage
||Maintenance Manager with Class A Refrigeration
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining all processing/packaging technologies.
With strong leadership skills the Maintenance Manager will be in charge of developing and maintaining sound relationships with the skilled technical trades’ staff.
Further, be accountable for safety, quality, efficiency, equipment reliability and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of skilled technical trades staff;
- Implement, maintain and improve all process/packaging technologies including capital projects and maintenance within operating budget;
- Partner with senior management, engineering and suppliers to introduce technologies to optimize safety, quality, line efficiencies and equipment reliability;
- Resolve significant maintenance problems and provide technical direction to staff;
- Project management through coordination and approval of maintenance activities with vendors, preventative maintenance planning and labour scheduling within a continuous operation;
- Ensure the preventative maintenance program meets HACCP and BRC requirements;
- Manage, develop and maintain a positive work environment within a fast paced, unionized manufacturing environment;
- Effectively handle employee issues including progressive discipline, vacation, overtime, etc.;
- Participate in fiscal budget preparation, capital requests and P&L analysis;
- Foster continuous improvement activities, reduction of equipment downtime/change overs, capacity planning, waste/scrap reduction and cost control;
- Monitors accurate invoicing of parts and equipment ensuring return credits are received;
- Ensures equipment and building is in compliance standards, codes and regulations;
- Supports and maintains the client’s quality standards.
- Class “A refrigeration” certification; or 2nd Class Stationary Engineer Qualification;
- Technical training, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree/diploma or trade certification;
- Leadership/supervisory experience in maintenance/engineering within the food or consumer packaged goods sector;
- Proven track record in directing skilled trades professionals, managing and preventative maintenance planning;
- Innovative, analytical and technically sound in mechanical/electrical maintenance;
- Experience with MP2 software;
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills at all levels – plant, supervisory, and upper management;
- Experience in Process Improvement;
- Demonstrated experience with aspects of labour management, human resource management and financial management;
- Unionized experience an asset;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, etc.
||Full Time Regular