If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please feel free to send it over to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||British Columbia [BC]
||Experienced Security Engineer
||Our client is located in Victoria, BC and is looking for an Experienced Securities Engineer.
If you enjoy analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios this position is for you.
This position is open to those who already posses the proper documents to live and work in Canada.
||- Engage with third parties for remote and onsite security reviews
- Participate in design reviews ensuring secure design of software
- Provide expert advice and consultancy to internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities
- Design, implement and support security-focused tools and services
- Develop security policies and procedures
- Participate in security compliance efforts (e.g., PCI DSS)
- Develop training materials for general security awareness and specific security technology training
- Participate in code-reviews for security critical software
- Evaluate new and emerging security products and technologies
- Participate in security operations support
- Carry out acquisition and vendor risk assessment due diligence
||- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent required
- Several years of application security experience
- Several years of experience in vulnerability testing and auditing
- Experience working with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services (development, QA testing, or security role)
- Solid experience and technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
- Development experience in Java, C++ or C
- Scripting skills (e.g. Perl, Python shell scripting)
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g.,TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
|Contract or Perm: