If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please feel free to send it over to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Manager of Information Technology
||This is a 3 to 4 day a week position with full time hours.
||- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance
- Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems
- Work with advocacy staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation
- Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems.
- Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline and discharge
- Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths
- Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Support the Legal Aid Bureau's overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines
- Provide technical expertise and innovative suggestions for improvements to the Development Manager
- Create well-structured applications based on user requirements within an agreed upon timeframe
- Thorough understanding of the implication of technological changes, identify/define, evaluate, recommend and implement technical solutions into the department to automate existing manual processes
- Conduct testing of new software releases to ensure successful implementation with no adverse impact to the existing environment
Conduct performance planning, development and implementation activities for new functionality to improve system use
||- 10+ years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment
- Experience in working with non-profits and/or legal services organizations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Management team, and to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
|Contract or Perm: