If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please feel free to send it over to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Security Analyst, Incident Response
||Working with our client, there is an exciting opportunity for you to join and become a member of their Security Operations Team, helping to provide a suite of security services to a group of North American Enterprise clients. You will provide 2nd level response to security threats and vulnerabilities and you are able to analyze event logs, system logs, and other sources of data to determine the main cause of security events. You will also provide recommendations regarding solving of the issues.
||• Analysis of security events, & problems. Providing action recommendations
• Escalating incidents, problems and service requests in a timely manner
• Owning and managing tickets through to resolution
• Maintaining the relationship to keep clients and management informed and throughout the incident, problem and change management cycles
• Proactive monitoring of client environments using specialized security applications
• Performing audit and analysis functions on client data
• Ongoing training and certification to maintain your technical skills at the highest level
• Participation in a weekly after hours on-call rotation Position Qualifications
||• Proven experience performing analysis of security events to determine root cause and provide resolution
• Certification in security incident and event management systems such as ArcSight or enVision
• Very strong working knowledge of security tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, A/V, anti-spam, content management, server and network device hardening, etc; specifically FortiGate, Sourcefire, Motorola, Cisco
• Excellent oral, written and documentation skills
• Methodical and creative approach to problem-solving
• Superior time management and prioritizing ability
• Flexibility to participate in a 24x7 shift rotation
• Competence in using an internal and external ticketing system for ITIL-based incident, problem and change management
• Previous experience in troubleshooting day-to-day operational processes such as report generation, data verification, data correlation, etc.
1. Approach work in a collaborative manner: offer your expertise readily and assist team members in accomplishing individual and collective tasks
2. Take the time to understand our clients’ challenges in the interest of making them and us more successful
3. Exhibit pride and take ownership in the quality and delivery of our services
4. Have personal respect for your colleagues and professional respect for their role in our success
5. Offer and respond to feedback in a constructive manner
6. Think critically and be open to new approaches and “better ways” – avoid taking the path of least resistance.
7. Respond to business demands with urgency, be calm and rational during pressure and crisis.
8. Represent the company to clients, prospects, vendors and candidates professionally
9. Treat our partners as you would our clients
10. Display initiative around your education and that of others, and actively pursue professional development opportunities
11. By default, treat client information, and information about our business, as confidential
12. Communicate clearly, both written and verbal
• Initiative and a high level of motivation
• Recognized security-related certifications (CSSLP, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, etc)
• Passion for security technologies and services
• Demonstrated customer service experience
|Contract or Perm: