If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please feel free to send it over to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Data Services Technical Consultant
||Under general supervision, this role is accountable for the successful design, development, testing, and maintenance of key moderately complex tools
(applications, scripts, queries, custom programs, jobs, etc.) used for data quality & performance analysis and investigations. Independently designs and
develops tools that maximize reusability, extensibility, and flexibility (for ad hoc analysis) and defers the most complex tasks to more seasoned
associates and/or management.
Develop complex data queries, conduct data analysis on existing and new data sources, and provide guidance/recommendations on how to run
queries/use tools most efficiently for analysis activities. Excellent communication skills to translate technical topics into non-technical business
language is required.
This role will participate in new technology evaluation, testing, and adoption. The ability to learn new technologies and integrate them into the existing
environment/ tool set is essential.
This role will also contribute to the Data Quality Framework, processes, and methodologies (e.g. continuous improvement and automation
1. Define technical requirements, develop solution blueprints, conduct proof-of-concepts, and iteratively develop (test, deploy, maintain, and
document) the data quality analysis, monitoring, and reporting tools (applications, scripts, queries, custom programs, jobs, etc.).
2. Provide guidance on efficient methods to analyze and process data to less experienced associates.
a. Complex query development to support development of applications.
b. Helps train other team members on data query methods and tools.
c. Works with team members to define and develop automation of analysis tasks, queries, reports/dashboards, data extracts/transfer where
d. Develop new tools to improve the data quality analysis process and results.
1. Work closely with the data quality monitoring sources to define and build automated tools for tracking, and reporting data quality metrics. Also,
help to automate the identification and notification of exceptions to standard data quality metrics (e.g. threshold alerts).
a. Develop automated data quality monitoring process and alerts
b. Develop tools / reports to analyze and trend database statistics
1. Assist with internal and customer data analysis/ investigation projects:
a. Lead and define the technical requirements.
b. Profile existing/new data sources, assess the data quality results, and conduct data performance tests.
c. Provide data query assistance.
1. Liaise with the business to understand requirements, identify opportunities, and formulate high level design solutions consistent with TU
architectural and design principles and standards.
2. Develop business intelligence technical solution design, transition plans, and cost estimates in these areas:
a. Data Acquisition
b. Data Integration
c. Metadata management
d. Information delivery optimization
1. Design and develop architecture to support projects to maximize business benefit. Work closely with Project Management and technical
specialists using sound architecture and design principles.
2. Develop system blueprints and coordinate the implementation and upkeep of all Data Performance environments with the DBA Team and data
(used for investigations, monitoring, impact analysis, and project activities).
3. Responsible for developing and maintaining tool & data asset security processes and controls, along with ensuring appropriate access and auditing
of user and applications which utilize the Data Performance tools, environments, and data resources
4. Design Data Performance and tools (queries, scripts, jobs) for accuracy of the data results.
5. Contribute to the Data Quality Framework, (primarily tools and automation).
||A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or computer related field with 5-7 years of IT application development (full SDLC)
Experience in full application life-cycle from requirements gathering through testing and deployment required with Proven track record of high-quality
and on-time delivery. Participating in the design, development, testing, and delivery of large, complex solutions (systems development lifecycle).
Experience with interpreting customer business needs and translating them into technical and application requirements.
Excellent communication skills and experience in:
Communicating highly technical approaches and ideas on large, complex technology projects to business and technical audiences.
Experience with evaluating new technologies/tools for business-fit and introduction/adoption of them into the organization
Understanding of statistical concepts and models and how they are applied across various of businesses for a variety of business purposes.
Experience with quantitative measurement techniques and communicating results to non-technical audiences.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills leading to practical application.
Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills required to interpret data analysis results.
Ability to deal with ambiguity, multiple project demands, and changing business priorities (high multi-tasking demands).
Highly self motivated and can independently solve complex problems with little context, direction, and supervision.
Experience in leading, developing, coaching, and mentoring team members preferred.
|Compensation - Annual
|Contract or Perm: