If you are interested in this job please apply. Or, if you know of someone else who might be interested, please feel free to send it over to a friend.
ApplyTell A Friend
||Bioinformatics Automation Developer
||The automation developer is an individual with proven computing skills and is dedicated to building and supporting an automated, scalable, big data management platform. The incumbent will support the Sequencing Production Bioinformatics team. Moreover, the incumbent will provide support and training to end-users which includes research laboratory staff and remotely located users. Finally, working with vendors and various stakeholders to characterize and resolve problems with production software systems
||- Planning, organizing, describing and controlling data resources related to projects undertaken by the Genome Technologies team.
- Develop scalable processes that optimize the flow, management and resource utilization of next generation sequencing data throughout the data lifecycle.
- Ensure data is managed efficiently, securely and without loss/corruption.
- Responsible for writing software to automate the data management processes and ensuring the production LIMS is operational.
||- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline
- Advanced Linux development and system administration skills
- Proficient with some Linux based scripting languages (Perl is preferred)
- Hands on Java experience
- Experienced with large data management
- Familiarity with PII (Personally Identifiable Information) concepts
- Have supported a high availability production software environment
- Hands on experience providing end-user software support, diagnosing and resolving end-user issues
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with LIMS, workflow automation, SGE (Sun Grid Engine), HPC and big data management are highly desirable skills
- Experience with next generation sequencing platforms
||The ideal candidate will have a passion for working in team of multidisciplinary scientists, laboratory technicians and informatics professionals in a medical/scientific research setting.
|Contract or Perm: