The Art Gallery of Ontario, home to one of the most diverse art collections in North America is a centre of art-based education, gallery tours, dining, and retail that is committed to delivering visitors with an incredible experience. If you’re seeking a dynamic, multi-faceted work environment and want to contribute to the Gallery’s success then bring your skills and experience to the position of
Assistant Building Operator
Up to 8 Months
Mon. thru Fri. 8am – 4pm
*Hours are subject to change based on Business needs
The Art Gallery of Ontario is looking for an Assistant Building Operator to maintain environmental conditions throughout the Gallery for the preservation and safe storage of the collection. The successful candidate will assist with troubleshooting regular building related problems including, but not limited to temperature/humidity complaints, water leaks, mechanical failures, fire doors, elevator problems, plumbing, etc. as well as, assist Plant Operations staff with complex maintenance tasks. The successful candidate will also perform regular building maintenance tasks as needed.
Our successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Ontario Fourth Class Stationary Engineering License preferred.
• Building Environmental Systems, IFMA, or BOMA certification preferred.
• Three (3) years directly related work experience.
• General knowledge and aptitude of mechanical, electrical, building automation and computer systems.
• Familiarity with WHMIS and safety regulations and practices.
• Demonstrated ability to operate a forklift and vertical platform lift equipment.
We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our visitors to apply. Visit our website at www.ago.net/jobs and complete your online application profile by May 23, 2014. If you are including a cover letter, please address this to: The Hiring Manager.