The Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO), is one of the most distinguished art museums in North America. The AGO is a centre of exhibition production, art-based education, exhibitions, gallery tours, dining, and retail that is committed to delivering an incredible experience to our visitors. If you are seeking a dynamic, multi-faceted work environment and would like to contribute to the Gallery’s success then bring your skills and experience to the position of
Assistant Building Operator
Temporary Full-Time, Up to 35 hours per week
8pm-4pm with a rotating evening shift
As a member of the Plant & Building Infrastructure Division at the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Assistant Building Operator maintains environmental conditions throughout the Gallery for the preservation and safe storage of the collection. The successful candidate will assist with troubleshooting regular building related problems including, but not limited to temperature/humidity complaints, water leaks, mechanical failures, fire doors, elevator problems, plumbing, etc. as well as, assist Plant Operations staff with complex maintenance tasks. The successful candidate will also perform regular building maintenance tasks as needed.
• Minor Repairs
• Preventative and Routine Maintenance
• Life Safety Systems
• Building Automation Systems
• Complete minor repairs independently and assist Plant Operations staff with complex repairs and work orders.
• Participate in the preventative maintenance program completing work orders and minor repairs as required.
• Perform routine maintenance and repairs including belts, lubes, bearings and filter replacements.
• Life Safety Systems: Operate, maintain, service and troubleshoot fire system components including smoke and heat detectors, pre-action wet/dry sprinklers, standpipes, and related auxiliaries. Assist with investigating alarm causation and resets the system as required.
• Participate in the upgrading and upkeep of the plant including cleaning floors and equipment, painting of walls, piping, etc.
• Building Automation Systems: Operate, maintain, service, repair and troubleshoot components - Including but not limited to, valves, dampers, humidifiers, and actuators ensuring that environmental parameters are met.
• Inspects & logs mechanical equipment and auxiliaries.
• Installs wires/cables as required.
• Ontario Fourth Class Stationary Engineering License preferred.
• Building Environmental Systems, IFMA, or BOMA certification preferred.
• Three (3) years directly related work experience.
• General knowledge and aptitude of mechanical, electrical, building automation and computer systems.
• Familiarity with WHMIS and safety regulations and practices.
• Demonstrated ability to operate a forklift and vertical platform lift equipment.
We invite individuals who reflect the diversity of our visitors to apply. Visit our website at www.ago.net/jobs and complete your online application profile by November 21, 2014