Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||Boeing Canada - AeroInfo is based in Richmond, B.C., and we have been an integral part of the Boeing Company since 2000. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
||Manager, Information Technology
|Excited Yet? Position Details
||Boeing Canada- AeroInfo is currently looking for a Manager, Information Technology to be based at our office in Richmond, BC. The successful candidate will have previously come from a hands on infrastructure background, and bring 4-5+ years of management experience. Ultimately will be responsible for the day to day operation of our leading edge infrastructure environment, supporting our internal customers and own infrastructure upgrade and refresh projects.
The Manager Information Technology provides direct leadership for the IT department, with two functional teams, Service Desk Team and Infrastructure Team, supporting our mission:
- Provide best of class support for corporate IT Infrastructure services and end-user client computing;
- Implement leading-edge technology solutions that increase corporate efficiency, create cost efficiencies, foster employee innovation and development, enforce security standards and ensure business continuity
- Partner with all departments to help create competitive strategic advantages within our industry.
|What You Will Do
- Provide strong technical leadership & management to a team of Systems Administrators and Service Desk Analysts.
- Own and manage the IT Service Desk Team which is responsible for all trouble ticket management for 200+ desktops and 300 servers.
- Manage all infrastructure services and projects including data center, network, desktop, server, storage and business applications.
- Develop, implement and ensure ongoing adherence to proper ITIL processes for configuration, incident, problem, change, and asset management.
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of highly effective IT solutions to meet the company’s needs.
- Manage internal IT implementation projects ensuring quality, budget and schedule
- Collaborate with internal IT customers to conduct regular evaluations of internal IT service quality and effectiveness.
- Maintain and enforce network security and information protection policies and procedures.
- Procure hardware, software and IT services, including developing SLAs, RFPs and all negotiation with vendors.
- Ensure compliance with Boeing corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
|Who You Are
- 10 years experience in various aspects of IT operations.
- Proven management experience in an enterprise environment
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes and supporting tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational / project management skills.
- Ability to champion process improvement initiatives
- Previous technical background including VoIP, Linux, TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP, Security, Microsoft Server.
- Ability to deal professionally with internal clients and at all levels of the organization.
- The ability to grasp new material quickly, have proven initiative in independent research, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- Solid technical understanding of Netapp SAN, VMware, and DRP.
- Experience with hardware and software procurement and managing vendor relationships.
- Good knowledge of network and data security principles and practices.
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Degree in Computer Science or related area
- ITIL V3 or PMP highly desirable
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter, we want to know about you! Explain why you’re interested, what you are passionate about and what type of blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog, twitter URL or side projects.
||British Columbia [BC]