Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
|Boeing Canada - AeroInfo is based in Richmond, B.C., and we have been an integral part of the Boeing Company since 2000. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At Boeing Canada - AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
||Data Science Consultant
|Excited Yet? Position Details
||We are in search of a new team member to join our fast paced, growing Analytics team for a 6 month contract (to start). Our team prides itself in their entrepreneurial working environment, ability to successfully interface directly with our Boeing partners and creating analytical solutions focused directly on solving real business problems.
|What You Will Do
- Work as part of a team on analytical, aviation focused business problems to define customer problems, create solution requirements, develop analytical solutions (algorithms, models, simulations, etc.).
- Work with a mix of sensitive and public data- clean, organize, structure data, create data models, analyze for trends.
- Analyze and research industry trends and facts in order to provide industry related subject matter expertise.
- Act as a point of contact with customers and internal team on strategic modeling and analytical matters.
- Support business development initiatives for future analytics opportunities.
- Act as internal project lead on smaller engagements.
|Who You Are
- Experience and proficiency with some of the following analytical methodologies: Statistical Analysis, Discrete Event Simulation, Mathematical Programming, Data Mining, Stochastic Modeling, Visual Analytics, etc.
- Experience and proficiency with some of the following analytical tools: SAS, R, Tableau, Spotfire, ExtendSim, VBA etc.
- At a minimum, A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Mathematics, Statistics, (Industrial) Engineering, or Economics (or equivalent).
- 3-7 years’ experience in an analytical business environment.
- It is an asset to have aviation industry specific knowledge or experience of any kind (maintenance, engineering, airlines, airplanes, etc.).
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter please combine into one docuement; we want to know about you. So explain why you’re interested, what type of development blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog or twitter URL, what side development projects you are doing at home and what you are passionate about.
||British Columbia [BC]