|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||AeroInfo Systems is Boeing Canada Operations Ltd.; a Fortune 100 company based in Richmond, B.C. We were purchased by Boeing in 2000, and since then, operate as part of the Boeing team. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
||Service Desk Analyst II (6 month Contract)
|Excited Yet? Position Details
||The Service Desk Analyst II is the first point of contact for requesting service and support from the AeroInfo IT Department. In addition to registering and prioritizing trouble-tickets, queue management the Service Desk Analyst II provides hands-on desktop administration support and is responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance and support of desktops, laptops, peripherals, printers, business applications, and related technology. This role requires the ability set up new hardware, troubleshoot connectivity issues and, and escalate any requests requiring Systems Administration expertise.
- Provide first-level IT support by Phone, E-mail, Instant Messaging, In-person requests which may include:
- Desktop Support
- Application installation and support
- User account password resets
- Printing issues
- Create service requests (IT-Requests) for technical issues and requests.
- Categorize, prioritize and maintain detailed information in all service requests.
- Manage request queue and monitor “aging” tickets and provide status updates and follow-up.
- Acquires, installs, configures and supports new desktop and laptop hardware and software according to corporate standards and project/operational requirements.
- Assists with IT inventory management (desktop, monitor, telephones, etc.) tracking and organization of the IT Inventory/Build room.
- Author end-user technical documentation including “How-To” articles, Job-Aides, and standard operating procedures for desktop troubleshooting and configuration.
- Assist with desktop deployments including Add, Move and Change requests.
- Assists with Audio Visual (projectors, video conferencing, etc.) support for meetings, conferences and special events.
- Train and mentor Service Desk Analyst I (Co-Op).
- Contribute new ideas and process improvement to IT Infrastructure team.
- Ensure compliance with Boeing corporate IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs administrative and other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience. 2 years or more of related technical experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- At least 2 years of experience providing IT Help Desk Support for medium-sized organizations. Experience working in ITIL-based organizations preferred.
- CompTIA A+ Certified Technician or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) is preferred.
- Understanding and familiarity of ITIL Service Management.
- Strong understanding of desktop, laptop and printer hardware.
- Experience installing Windows client operating systems, applications and desktop imaging.
- Strong desktop support with Windows XP/Vista/7.
- Experience with Mac OS a plus.
- Strong experience with mobile device management including smartphones and tablets.
- Excellent customer service, communication skills; professional, courteous, and highly service-oriented.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Highly service-oriented, energetic, flexible, reliable, motivated and professional individual who thrives in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Reliable, responsible, conscientious, and self-motivated; ability to follow detailed tasks to completion with minimal supervision
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter, we want to know about you. So explain why you’re interested, what type of development blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog or twitter URL, what side development projects you are doing at home and what you are passionate about.
||British Columbia [BC]