Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||AeroInfo Systems is Boeing Canada Operations Ltd.; a Fortune 100 company based in Richmond, B.C. We were purchased by Boeing in 2000, and since then, operate as part of the Boeing team. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
|What do you get? Beyond just a paycheck
- Base salary plus an annual Incentive Plan and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Extended health and dental
- Life, disability insurance and sick-leave coverage
- Annual Vacation
- Company paid MSP
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- The Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) for those extra medical costs
- Employee and family assistance program
- Really great coffee, no really
- BBQs, breakfasts which are cooked by our executives. How often did your boss make you breakfast?
- Fruit and snacks are delivered regularly
- Career management and growth program
- Free shuttle to Bridgeport skytrain station
Workplace flexibility and balance:
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Work from home flexibility
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find video games, foosball, and massage chairs
- Showers onsite if you want to bike to work
- Central location in Richmond with free parking
|Excited Yet? Position Details
||We are looking for intermediate and senior Java Software Developers (permanent hire and contract) to join us.
|What You Will Do
- Defining specifications and estimations
- Designing, coding, testing and debugging software
|Who You Are
||Typically 5 years of development experience with a combination of the following skills:
- 3+ years of Java / J2EE and Java IDEs (Eclipse, Netbeans, etc.) experience.
- 3+ years of XML (XSL, XPath, DOM) experience.
- 3+ years of Oracle/SQL experience.
- 2+ years of Spring, Hibernate, iBatis, Apache Commons.
- 2+ years of Java web frameworks: Spring MVC.
- Ability to work in both Unix/Linux and Windows environment.
- 2+ years of Java Enterprise development with deployment on application servers like Tomcat.
- Developing unit test cases and creating jUnits.
- Experience with at least one version control system.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written.
- Superior customer interaction skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as required.
- Agile development considered an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- Java certification an asset.
Experience with the following is nice to have:
- API design (SOAP/ REST WS), relational databases, security technologies (SSL, Authentication)
- ETL tools such as Pentaho - Kettle)
- Indexing frameworks (Apache Lucene, Locayta)
- Ability to design and develop the transformation of various data streams, including EDI and XML, into internal and external system formats
- Scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Amazon EC2/S3 or other cloud service providers
- WS02 SOA Platform
- Apache Hadoop
||Please apply online only.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
||British Columbia [BC]