Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||AeroInfo Systems is Boeing Canada Operations Ltd.; a Fortune 100 company based in Richmond, B.C. We were purchased by Boeing in 2000, and since then, operate as part of the Boeing team. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
||Software Developer - Data Analyst
|Excited Yet? Position Details
||AeroInfo Systems is looking for a motivated and experienced Java Developer with strong development and database knowledge to join us as a Software Developer – Data Analyst. We are looking for someone with excellent problem solving and time management skills that can be applied in team and independent work environments. In this position, you can expect to work closely with our team to operate data production systems and processes; to design, code, test and debug specific software and/or automation to enhance data production quality and efficiency. This position offers hands-on experience working on projects that directly impact our customers.
- Design and execute data production processes.
- Design, code, test and document programs to requirements.
- Working in small sized team, you will be responsible for troubleshooting problems in both a test and production environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience with XML (XSL, XPath, DOM) technologies with XML data analytic and customization skills
- 3-5 years’ experience with Java/ J2EE
- Experience with Oracle/ SQL and PL/SQL (other databases a plus)
- Detailed oriented, analytical and systematic individual who works well with others
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Experience with the full software development life cycle
- Experience with developing and executing Unit test cases
- Knowledgeable in database management systems, and PC operating systems
- Ability to work in both Unix/Linux and Windows environment
- Working knowledge and understanding on one or more software development methodologies
- Proficient with the MSOffice tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Works with minimal supervision with a good track record of meeting tight schedule commitments
- Experience with at least one version control system
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written, with the ability to interact directly with functional stakeholders and clients
- Excellent Teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Computer Science of Technical Diploma
- Experience data modeling, data exchange and data load knowledge, as well as data migration analysis and data migration development is nice to have
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter, we want to know about you. So explain why you’re interested, what type of development blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog or twitter URL, what side development projects you are doing at home and what you are passionate about.
||British Columbia [BC]