Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||AeroInfo Systems is Boeing Canada Operations Ltd.; a Fortune 100 company based in Richmond, B.C. We were purchased by Boeing in 2000, and since then, operate as part of the Boeing team. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
|What do you get? Beyond just a paycheck
- Base salary plus an annual Incentive Plan and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Extended health and dental
- Life, disability insurance and sick-leave coverage
- Annual Vacation
- Company paid MSP
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- The Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) for those extra medical costs
- Employee and family assistance program
- Really great coffee, no really
- BBQs, breakfasts which are cooked by our executives. How often did your boss make you breakfast?
- Fruit and snacks are delivered regularly
- Career management and growth program
- Free shuttle to Bridgeport skytrain station
Workplace flexibility and balance:
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Work from home flexibility
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find video games, foosball, and massage chairs
- Showers onsite if you want to bike to work
- Central location in Richmond with free parking
||Senior Business Systems Analyst
|Excited Yet? Position Details
The Senior Business Systems Analyst provides leadership and guidance to gather, analyze and document requirements both technical and functional. Ideally, coming from a software development background with a strong understanding of the full SDLC. Works at an advanced business level to define the project solution, scope and product roadmap by providing significant input and support to project managers and product managers. Leads the interactions with customer business units to determine business requirements to support project goals. Works with minimal supervision and in leadership roles.
|What You Will Do
- Acts as the primary point of contact to customers and team on strategic project issues; negotiates with high level customer personnel, project owners, steering committees and funding managers appropriately and creatively
- Initiates and leads needs assessments sessions with customers to identify business requirements
- Interacts with business owners and industry leaders to provide strategic directions in one or more business domains; constructs creative solutions to business problems
- Develops and maintains deliverables such as use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, wireframes and mock-ups, system specifications, domain object models and other documentation according to company and project standards.
- May act as Project Manager, developing and monitoring project schedules, reports and budgets
- Conducts requirements reviews and knowledge transfer with the customer and the development team.
- Participates in peer reviews of fellow BA deliverables
- Provides training and mentorship to other BA’s
- Provides support to development and test teams to review technical designs, test cases and test results
- Researches and compiles specific information required for customer presentations and requests.
- Provides input and guidance to the recruitment process for BA’s by conducting technical interviews
- Works on projects of all sizes; may lead an interdisciplinary team for business analysis in large projects
- Participates in, and may lead business consultation projects and prepares project proposals
- Supports company initiatives in new projects and business areas and proposes new solution offerings.
|Who You Are
- Typically 6 years’ or more related experience
- Proven experience in gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements
- Development background, ideally Java
- Experience working in multiple SDLC environments, including Agile/ Scrum, Iterative and Waterfall
- Expertise with UML/BPML
- Experience with large integration projects, and familiar with integration technologies including Web Service (SOAP, REST, JSON, APIs, etc)
- Ability to design technical documentation in high detail
- Testing experience (ie. Versalist)
- Expertise with business analysis process methodologies and tools
- Substantial experience with the full life cycle of large software development project definition, development, delivery and support
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, business administration, commerce or equivalent
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong ability to understand businesses, envision customer processes and develop sound solutions to complex issues
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with business needs; a valid passport is required at all times
- Compliance with all Boeing Canada Operations Ltd. policies, procedures and training requirements.
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter, we want to know about you. So explain why you’re interested, what type of development blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog or twitter URL, what side development projects you are doing at home and what you are passionate about.
||British Columbia [BC]