Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
Boeing Canada - AeroInfo is based in Richmond, B.C., and we have been an integral part of the Boeing Company since 2000. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At Boeing Canada - AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
||Software Developer III - Toolbox
|Excited Yet? Position Details
The Boeing Maintenance Performance Toolbox is an online system that provides operators with up-to-date fleet maintenance information using intelligent documents and visual navigation methods. Toolbox is designed to improve the performance of technical operations staff responsible for airplane system troubleshooting, structural repair record management, parts management, task card management, content authoring, and training. Toolbox is undergoing a revitalization through the toolbox 2016 initiative.
We are looking to enhance our core team to allow us to support the on-going sustainment of Toolbox V1 and V2 as well as position us for the future. Your skills will help us build the foundation for the next 5 - 10 years of supporting airline customers and growing the Toolbox offerings.
Software Developer: The successful candidate will work closely with our team of Product Specialists , Business Analysts, and technical leads to help architect and develop our solutions.
|What You Will Do
- Defining specifications and estimations
- Designing, coding, testing and debugging software
|Who You Are
||Typically 5 years of development experience with a combination of the following skills:
- 3+ years of Java / J2EE and Java IDEs (Eclipse, Netbeans, etc.) experience.
- 3+ years of XML (XSL, XPath, DOM) experience.
- 3+ years of Oracle/SQL experience.
- 2+ years of Spring, Hibernate, iBatis, Apache Commons.
- 2+ years of Java web frameworks: Spring MVC.
- Ability to work in both Unix/Linux and Windows environment.
- 2+ years of Java Enterprise development with deployment on application servers like Tomcat.
- Developing unit test cases and creating jUnits.
- Experience with at least one version control system.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written.
- Superior customer interaction skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as required.
- Agile development considered an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- Java certification an asset.
Experience with the following is nice to have:
- API design (SOAP/ REST WS), relational databases, security technologies (SSL, Authentication)
- ETL tools such as Pentaho - Kettle)
- Indexing frameworks (Apache Lucene, Locayta)
- Ability to design and develop the transformation of various data streams, including EDI and XML, into internal and external system formats
- Scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Amazon EC2/S3 or other cloud service providers
- WS02 SOA Platform
- Apache Hadoop
||Please apply online only.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
||British Columbia [BC]