Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||AeroInfo Systems is Boeing Canada Operations Ltd.; a Fortune 100 company based in Richmond, B.C. We were purchased by Boeing in 2000, and since then, operate as part of the Boeing team. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
|What do you get? Beyond just a paycheck
- Base salary plus an annual Incentive Plan and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Extended health and dental
- Life, disability insurance and sick-leave coverage
- Annual Vacation
- Company paid MSP
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- The Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) for those extra medical costs
- Employee and family assistance program
- Career management and growth program
- Workplace flexibility and balance:
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Work from home flexibility
||Intermediate IT Systems Administrator
|Excited Yet? Position Details
The IT Support Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure and providing systems administration support at the Main Operating Base (Petawawa) for the Boeing Canada IT architecture. As part of the Defence & Government Services team, this role is responsible for a broad range of IT support activities such as installation of infrastructure, hardware and software on servers running on Intel and Linux environments, support of Cisco based WAN/LAN, management of daily back-up, synchronization and restoration of databases, implementation of system updates, security patches and the monitoring of network performance.
As the primary customer interface at the MOB, this role requires a wide breadth of IT technologies, problem analysis skills and the ability to work with a distributed project team to ensure the system is well maintained and supported for all of the stakeholders.
SPECIAL RESTRICTION: AeroInfo undertakes business within various organizations in Boeing which requires compliance under the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR). This law governs the export of “defense articles and services” and as a result AeroInfo is required to validate the citizenship and country of birth for each employee to ensure resources are assigned to projects in accordance with Regulatory agreements. The candidate must be born and be a dual national and/or third country national of one of these countries and no other country. A dual national is a Canadian or US citizen + citizen of one of the countries listed. A third country national is a person that is not a Canadian/US citizen, but is a citizen of one of the countries listed.
- NATO and European Union: Austria, Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cypress, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, and Switzerland
- Brazil, Cambodia, India, Israel, Philippines, Serbia, South Africa and Taiwan
You will be asked to verify that you meet this requirement when you apply online
- Support VM Server environments and standalone server environments, with Cisco based WAN/LAN Infrastructure.
- Implement security patches and updates as required.
- Implement and monitor system updates.
- Manage system back-up and restoration as defined.
- Monitor network performance and proactively resolve issues before users are affected.
- Work closely with the project team to evaluate new requirements, provide technical advice where appropriate and implement approved changes to the environments.
- Proactively escalate issues to reporting manager in a timely manner to ensure users are not affected due to system outage or performance issues.
- Always ensure system uptime is maintained as defined in the SLA.
- Previous experience with Linux, UNIX, Server Management, Oracle Database Administration and current communications protocols and standards.
- Practical experience and technical knowledge of WAN/LAN technologies.
- Practical hands on experience of using Cisco systems
- Proven experience with network monitoring and support tools
- Hands on experience of Storage management, Backup and restorations skills
- Demonstrated customer (end user) focus
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and innovate
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a distributed team oriented and collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated, with good organizational skills, ability to prioritize
- Travel to Petawawa will be required on a frequent basis
- Superior customer interaction skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong technical skills
- Exceptional communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical diploma
- 2-4 years’ experience working on server management, WAN/LAN networks, in standalone and VM environments, and implementation of security standards and protocols
- Experience working in the aerospace industry is considered an asset
- Canadian Forces experience is considered highly desirable
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter, we want to know about you. So explain why you’re interested, what type of development blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog or twitter URL, what side development projects you are doing at home and what you are passionate about.