Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||AeroInfo Systems is Boeing Canada Operations Ltd.; a Fortune 100 company based in Richmond, B.C. We were purchased by Boeing in 2000, and since then, operate as part of the Boeing team. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
|What do you get? Beyond just a paycheck
- Base salary plus an annual Incentive Plan and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Extended health and dental
- Life, disability insurance and sick-leave coverage
- Annual Vacation
- Company paid MSP
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- The Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) for those extra medical costs
- Employee and family assistance program
- Really great coffee, no really
- BBQs, breakfasts which are cooked by our executives. How often did your boss make you breakfast?
- Fruit and snacks are delivered regularly
- Career management and growth program
- Free shuttle to Bridgeport skytrain station
Workplace flexibility and balance:
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Work from home flexibility
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find video games, foosball, and massage chairs
- Showers onsite if you want to bike to work
- Central location in Richmond with free parking
||Java Developer - Data Migration
|Excited Yet? Position Details
The Java Developer – Data Migration is part of a close-knit team of skilled analysts, developers and testers working in a dynamic environment to deliver innovative data solutions for airline customers and support a sophisticated online content management system. The Java Developer – Data Migration works from Service Requests (SRs), analyzing and defining/refining requirements; developing customer focused solutions; provides technical Solutions to AeroInfo and Boeing teams working with external customers; provides status to AeroInfo and Boeing management/customer service analysts.
|What You Will Do
- Evaluating incoming Service Requests to ensure that they contain the needed information to be completed successfully.
- Works with Service Request submitters to clarify and define SRs.
- Updates SRs with development estimates and completion dates.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to support the delivery of services.
- Documents and maintains development process/procedures.
- Develops customer focused technical solutions that fulfills the objective of the SRs
- Provides technical guidance and support to AeroInfo, Boeing teams and external customers.
|Who You Are
- 5+ years SQL/PLSQL experience.
- 5+ years Java experience.
- Strong knowledge of SGML and XML.
- Exposure to multiple databases including Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, MS Access, etc.
- Experience data modeling, data exchange and data load knowledge, as well as data migration analysis and data migration development.
- Detailed oriented, analytical and systematic individual who works well with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effective.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle.
- Experience with developing test cases.
- Works with minimal supervision with a good track record of meeting tight schedule commitments.
- Experience with at least one version control system.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Superior customer interaction skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as required
- Technical Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter, we want to know about you. So explain why you’re interested, what type of development blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog or twitter URL, what side development projects you are doing at home and what you are passionate about.
||British Columbia [BC]