Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||AeroInfo Systems is Boeing Canada Operations Ltd.; a Fortune 100 company based in Richmond, B.C. We were purchased by Boeing in 2000, and since then, operate as part of the Boeing team. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
|What do you get? Beyond just a paycheck
- Base salary plus an annual Incentive Plan and comprehensive benefits, including:
- Extended health and dental
- Life, disability insurance and sick-leave coverage
- Annual Vacation
- Company paid MSP
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- The Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) for those extra medical costs
- Employee and family assistance program
- Really great coffee, no really
- BBQs, breakfasts which are cooked by our executives. How often did your boss make you breakfast?
- Fruit and snacks are delivered regularly
- Career management and growth program
- Free shuttle to Bridgeport skytrain station
Workplace flexibility and balance:
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Work from home flexibility
- Access to the employee lounge where you’ll find video games, foosball, and massage chairs
- Showers onsite if you want to bike to work
- Central location in Richmond with free parking
||Senior Systems Administrator - Linux
|Excited Yet? Position Details
||The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for providing advanced systems administration of AeroInfo’s Corporate IT infrastructure, 3rd Level escalation support for complex issues and provides technical leadership for IT department managed projects which includes coordination of implementations, upgrades, migrations and IT problem management. Senior Systems Administrators will assist management with technical direction to ensure the highest levels of infrastructure availability, capacity and will assist with the development of long-term IT strategies that aligns with AeroInfo’s strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
|What You Will Do
Applications Systems Support
- Provides advanced internal/client-facing support (configuration, troubleshooting, performance monitoring) of the following:
- SOA/XML gateways and firewalls
- Message oriented middleware and message brokers
- Enterprise Linux Server Administration
- Oracle Database Administration Systems & Network Administration
- Provides advanced server administration and maintenance. This includes:
- Establishing technical standards of Servers including hardware and software specifications, configuration, performance “tuning” and security hardening based on industry best practices and standards
- Conducts and establishes performance benchmarks and baselines for capacity management
- Server & Network device configuration for remote management (e.g. KVM, iLO)
- Server & Network device hardware failure replacement
- Initial response to Network Management (NMS) alerts related to RAM, Disk space, CPU utilization, etc.
- Designs and leads projects for the implementation, upgrade and/or migrations of corporate business applications with management and end-user community.
- Establishes standards enterprise patch management and helps to maintain and enforce IT Security and ISO 27002 controls.
- Designs, implements and optimizes enterprise backup and disaster recovery practices.
- Provides network administration of Layer 2/3 switching, routing, VPN and Firewall policy management.
- Provides Data Center and Telecommunication Room support and maintenance (e.g. ensuring UPS battery replacement, A/C monitoring, etc.)
- Trains and mentors other Systems Administrators, Co-Ops and actively participates in knowledge sharing efforts through documentation and meetings.
- Provides seamless, escalated 3rd level technical support for complex technical issues which may include leading problem management cases and providing management status.
- Manages escalated support cases and leads appropriate internal Technical resources and/or 3rd Party Vendors to resolution.
- Provides overflow and backlog Incident Request support which includes troubleshooting, documentation, providing status updates to both customers and management.
- Leads on corporate IT projects which may include coordinating all stages of project (from Initiation to Closing).
- Assists IT management with development of efficient project charters, resource planning, risk and communication plans.
- Facilitates and trains IT department staff during project transitions and “hand-offs” to operations.
- Must be able to provide afterhours on-call support and work modified shifts when necessary.
- Must be able to lift moderately heavy equipment (e.g. servers, desktops, etc.).
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with business needs.
|Who You Are
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 8 years or more of related technical experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- At least 8 years of experience in IT Infrastructure support and server administration in a medium-sized environment (200 - 1000+ server systems).
- At least 8 - 10 years of experience supporting and troubleshooting distributed, N-Tier applications, software, and operating systems.
- Strong experience administering and troubleshooting issues with SOA appliances such as SOA/XML gateways and firewalls. Layer 7 experience strongly preferred.
- Strong experience administering and troubleshooting issues with messaging middleware and message brokers. IBM Websphere MQ experience strongly preferred.
- At least 1 premiere IT Certification: RHCE, CISSP, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise Linux OS. Knowledge of Windows, Mac OS is a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture and protocols (esp. TCP/IP, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with Firewall Policy troubleshooting and management.
- Strong experience with enterprise administrative scripting using a major scripting language (Perl, Python, Unix Shell, etc.)
- Experience with software deployment and application repackaging.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and experience with technical project management.
- Experience with hardware and software procurement and managing vendor relationships.
- Highly service-oriented, reliable, responsible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff.
- Experience providing client-facing, direct customer support and service.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently as an individual.
Please apply online only.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.
||British Columbia [BC]