Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||Boeing Canada - AeroInfo is based in Richmond, B.C., and we have been an integral part of the Boeing Company since 2000. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
|Excited Yet? Position Details
Boeing Canada - AeroInfo is looking for an experienced Database Architect. Your primary role will be to design, develop and implement a relational database. Work packages include design of database models, development of scripts for implementing databases, stored procedures, and data import scripts to integrate data from other systems.
The successful candidate will have experience creating relational data models using MySQL, Oracle and other systems using PL/SQL Development, Toad, and other tools. Ability to support data in XML format using tools such as Altova XMLSpy is an asset.
|What You Will Do
- Design logical and physical data models based on information requirements from Software Requirement Specifications and Subject Matter Experts
- Maintain and update Logical and Physical data models for development and production system updates and new releases
- Design databases to ensure online and batch processing performance requirements are met
- Prepare database deployment packages for execution in various environments
- Create and maintain the data dictionary for new and existing systems
- Develop procedures, functions, and triggers as part of application development process
- Develop and document processes, procedures, and functions used to migrate data from legacy systems to new applications
- Participate in detailed design reviews and project estimating tasks as directed by the Project Manager
- Ability to perform detailed design activities will be an asset
- Analyze issues raised directly by customers or internal teams and help provide the appropriate resolution
- Advise programmers and business analysts on the efficient use of data
|Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area
- 7+ years combined experience in developing logical and physical data models for new systems and managing change within existing systems for new releases
- 7+ years of relational DB expertise
- 7+ years’ experience in PL/SQL development
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Demonstrable experience in clearly communicating ideas and gaining consensus within a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Experience with Data Migration projects would be an asset
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter, we want to know about you. So explain why you’re interested, what type of development blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog or twitter URL, what side development projects you are doing at home and what you are passionate about.
||British Columbia [BC]