Apply Now! Tell A Friend
|Who is Boeing Canada - AeroInfo?
||Boeing Canada - AeroInfo is based in Richmond, B.C., and we have been an integral part of the Boeing Company since 2000. We create world-class aircraft operations information technology products and services, used by airlines around the world.
We are looking to expand our team with people who seek an exciting, challenging career with one of the most sought after employers in the world: Boeing.
Not only do you get to work for a Fortune 100 company, but you also get to be part of entrepreneurial environment of a growing local success story. Basically, you get the best of both worlds.
At AeroInfo we offer a unique proven combination of stability, growth, and cool technology, including new development in mobile, analytics and the cloud.
||Junior to Intermediate Release Management Analyst
|Excited Yet? Position Details
||As we and Digital Aviation grow, the need to support our customers grows with us. Our applications support day to day operations within client airlines. As a result, we need to ensure the stability and reliability of our applications from the ground up.
The Release Management Analyst is responsible for the successful delivery of all software releases within Boeing Canada - AeroInfo’s internal environments and extending to help and lead the progression of our applications through the release management processes within the Customer Integrated Environment (CIE). This includes maintaining all software releases, patches, database scripts, schemas, and any configuration parameters. For customer support engagements, this will include managing the base configuration of the servers in coordination with CIE focals.
- Ensures release processes are followed and deliverables are deployed to the necessary environments on a timely basis
- Manages application server configuration
- Follows and maintains established processes
- Communicates with all project stakeholders as required
- Participates in team and customer meetings as required
- Provides input in support of continuous improvement
- Works within approved processes and proposes specific tailoring to address the needs of the various projects
- Requests support and escalates more complex, challenging issues to the team leads and senior manager
- Provides support to other projects as required
- Minimum 3 years’ industry experience working on enterprise IT projects
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies and processes
- Understands software workflow, configuration management, testing strategies, and use of hardware environments
- Database and PL/SQL experience an asset
- Minimum 1 year experience in Unix/Linux, webservers
- Basic scripting knowledge (Perl, shell scripts)
- JIRA knowledge would be an asset
- Exceptional communication skills and outgoing nature required
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with business needs
- Compliance with all Boeing Canada Operations Ltd. policies, procedures and training requirements.
Interested? Send us your resume (MS Word is best) highlighting why you’re a fit.
If you want add a cover letter, we want to know about you. So explain why you’re interested, what type of development blogs and sites you follow, or perhaps your own blog or twitter URL, what side development projects you are doing at home and what you are passionate about.
||British Columbia [BC]