AeroInfo Systems is a division of Boeing Canada based in Richmond, B.C. and is a world class provider of aircraft operations information technology products and services. Our present passengers (customers) include major airlines and aircraft manufacturers. If you are motivated, creative with a positive attitude, and looking for state-of-the-art technology, you can be a crew member of one of the greatest companies in the aerospace industry.
AeroInfo Systems, A Boeing Company, is gaining altitude and we want YOU to be on board as we continue to soar to new heights!
|What do you get? Beyond just a paycheck
Varying projects require diverse skills. Below are distinct requirements for some of our distinct projects:
- Proficiency with Flex
- Experience with API design (SOAP/ REST WS), relational databases, security technologies (SSL, Authentication)
- Experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho - Kettle)
- Experience with Indexing frameworks (Apache Lucene, Locayta)
- Ability to design and develop the transformation of various data streams, including EDI and XML, into internal and external system formats
- Experience with scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience with developing and implementing on UNIX and Windows server operating systems
- Experience with Amazon EC2/S3 or other cloud service providers
- Experience with WS02 SOA Platform
- Experience with Apache Hadoop
||Software Developer (Java/Flex)
|Excited Yet? Position Details
||We are looking for Intermediate Flex and Java Software Developers (permanent hire and contract) to consult with other technical staff, technical experts and/or departments to design, code, test and debug moderately complex software for specific applications.
- Responsible for defining specifications to develop or modify complex software programming applications
- Responsible for designing, coding, testing and debugging moderately complex software to meet product specifications
- Responsible for providing development estimates
- Responsible for developing Java based web services for the purpose of automating business processes
- Typically 5 years related experience.
- Proficiency with Flex
- Minimum of 3 years of XML (XSL, XPath, DOM) experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Java / J2EE and Java IDEs (Eclipse, Netbeans, etc.) experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Oracle/SQL experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Java open-source frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, iBatis, Apache Commons.
- 2+ years of extensive experience in Java web frameworks: Spring MVC.
- Ability to work in both Unix/Linux and Windows environment.
- 2+ years of Java Enterprise development with deployment on application servers like Tomcat.
- Experience in software development life cycle, data modeling, data exchange and data load knowledge, as well as data migration analysis and data migration development.
- Experience with developing unit test cases and creating jUnits.
- Knowledgeable in user interface design, database management systems, and PC operating systems.
- Proficient with the MS Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Works with minimal supervision with a good track record of meeting tight schedule commitments.
- Experience with at least one version control system.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written.
- Superior customer interaction skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as required.
- Experience in aircraft maintenance will be considered an asset.
- Experience in Agile development considered an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- Java certification an asset.
||British Columbia [BC]